Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know much about the Keyless Remotes?

I have a 02 and want an extra remote.

The ones on Ebay seem to have the below FCC number and CAN.

FCC ID:GQ43VT14T
CAN.1470102849
TRW

Are these numbers what you have in the USA for the 4.2 Rav’s ?

I am in Canada and we have a different FCC # even though we have our own CRTC. and also my CAN #(mine says Canada) is different. I think that it should still work.

Thanks,

Walt

J

·
0 Posts
i have keyless entry on my 02 L and those numbers dont match my remotes. i have two remotes and they both have the same numbers on the back. i would contact the dealer and ask them if there is a way that they could program the new ones to your car.
jen

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jen for the reply,

I read somewhere programming is very easy. Something like just pushing the buttons while the key is in the ignition.
As for finding the right remote, I widened my search to all Toyota models and found other cars having my matching numbers.

FCC ID: HYQ12BAN
CANADA: 15511021295
RSS 210
DENSO

The average price is not bad at around $10

I recieved 3 keys with only 2 remotes with the Rav. I should have bought an extra one years ago. :roll:

Walt

·
Registered
875 Posts
3 keys?

wow, cool. I got only 2 keys with 2 remotes. (Why is it that all canadians are so proud that they sport they're logos on keychains, t-shirts, hats, bracelets and now in the forum using a logo?) i got a few canadian friends and they do the same thing. All my cousins there are pretty proud too. Canadians from my experience have been tremendously nice. I got nothing against you guys at all, even after watching teh SOUTHPARK movie,...but it's just a bit odd that most canadians have canada memorabilia everywhere.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Zoomie,

First of I personally don’t like South park and I think most Canadians will not stand by it. I think you have to have a certain personality to like that kind of stuff. :roll:

Second no offence taken. :D

As for the Keychain for our market it has CAN written on it and no Flag or logo.
Most likely to pass our codes for it sends a signal.

As for “all Canadians are so proud that they sport they’re logos on keychains ……..” Sorry I really can’t agree with that. I think that you may have received something as a gift or you visited a tourist area where this is quite common.

We do however tend to sport the Flag when we go to Europe like when I studied there for they like us there. They usually have a relative living in CAN and we tend to be polite so it helps.

Also, if your young and single having beautiful Italian girls at the beach talk to you because you happen to have a flag on your shirt can make you very happy boy. :wink:

As for the Logo in this forum you will see that you have the same size USA flag and so does every nationality that the software supports.

Cheers, Walt :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts