Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make a decision between:

Base 2007 V6 AWD with 76K miles ($9,000 CAD)
Sport 2008 V6 AWD with 73K miles ($12,000 CAD)
Sport 2009 V6 AWD with 105K miles ($11,000 CAD)
Base 2010 V6 AWD with 81K miles ($13,000 CAD)

Body is in good shape in all of them.

I've read a ton of reviews and posts here but this would be my first RAV4, and although I know that 2006-2012 are all 4.3, I've noticed that some failures are different with each year.

Any advise from you guys will be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
641 Posts
Are the base 2007 & 2010 V6 FWD or AWD? AWD adds a couple thousands to the price over FWD at the used level.

The base 2010 V6 seems good for the price if AWD. It has a couple of improvements (metal oil return pipe, and maybe a better water pump) over earlier models. I think the '09+ is a better bet. Other may adds or corrects my statement on the pluses & minuses.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I would get a 2009 or newer...one of the reasons is they come with a button that allows you to easily disable traction control (handy at times...especially in the winter)...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

Base 2007 V6 AWD with 76K miles ($9000 CAD)
Sport 2008 V6 AWD with 73K miles ($12000 CAD)
Base 2010 V6 AWD with 81K miles ($13000 CAD)

Please list trim for each vehicle so viewers can do a more detail comparison. Are they Limited, LE, LE-X...etc. Options can mean huge difference between good deals and bad deals. I would not concern about the mileage for all 3 though.

Limited is top of the line which (I think) comes with heated seats, leather seats, and hard cover for donut, etc.. then LE-X followed by LE. Also some colors are only available for limited

AWD will add a few more thousand $$$ to the value of the Rav4.
RoofRack is also nice to have.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Are the base 2007 & 2010 V6 FWD or AWD? AWD adds a couple thousands to the price over FWD at the used level.

The base 2010 V6 seems good for the price if AWD.
Ummmmm...all three of them clearly state AWD.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Hi everyone,

Base 2007 V6 AWD with 76K miles ($9000 CAD)
Sport 2008 V6 AWD with 73K miles ($12000 CAD)
Base 2010 V6 AWD with 81K miles ($13000 CAD)

Please list trim for each vehicle so viewers can do a more detail comparison. Are they Limited, LE, LE-X...etc. Options can mean huge difference between good deals and bad deals. I would not concern about the mileage for all 3 though.

Limited is top of the line which (I think) comes with heated seats, leather seats, and hard cover for donut, etc.. then LE-X followed by LE. Also some colors are only available for limited

AWD will add a few more thousand $$$ to the value of the Rav4.
RoofRack is also nice to have.
The OP *did* list the trim levels: Base and Sport

It was the very first thing listed for each one.

Also, no 4.3 model RAV4 ever came in LE or "LE-X" trim levels. It was only Base, Sport or Limited.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
The OP *did* list the trim levels: Base and Sport

It was the very first thing listed for each one.

Also, no 4.3 model RAV4 ever came in LE or "LE-X" trim levels. It was only Base, Sport or Limited.

The 3rd Gen was sold all over the world and may have those trim levels in some markets...this poster may be from a country that doesn't use base and sport as trim levels so they may not realize that the trim level was actually stated...

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
Since they all have essentially the same mileage the 2010 is the best buy, everything else being equal condition wise.
Wonder if we'll hear the decision?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The 3rd Gen was sold all over the world and may have those trim levels in some markets...this poster may be from a country that doesn't use base and sport as trim levels so they may not realize that the trim level was actually stated...
Perhaps. But the biggest clue for me was the "CAD" after the listed prices.:nerd

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
Assuming CAD is Canadian Dollars why wouldn't the mileage be in Km?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would get a 2009 or newer...one of the reasons is they come with a button that allows you to easily disable traction control (handy at times...especially in the winter)...

Oh really! i thought that was standard for this generation. I believe this is the button which when pushed in (activated) will spin all 4 wheels if your speed is under 25Miles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Assuming CAD is Canadian Dollars why wouldn't the mileage be in Km?
I'm in Canada, so that's why I posted the prices in Canadian Dollars. But, I know that this forum is heavily visited by US people, who are more familiar with Miles, so I wanted to make it easier for you folks :)

And yes, I'll post my decision for sure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I personally would (and actually did my self) purchase the 08 sport V6 AWD. It has the lowest mileage and the sport trim has lots more options that the base models do not include. Such as tint, alloy wheels, fender flares, fog lights, sport suspension and mine had the heated leather seat option.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also found a 2009 Sport in mint condition for 10,900$ CAD. I test drove it and loved it. My only concern is that it has 105K miles and I'm not sure if that's too much for a RAV4. My Corolla 2008 with the same milage runs as if it was still brand new, but I know this changes from car to car. That's why I'm looking for advise here specifically as it applies to RAV4.

Would this be a good option to consider?

Thanks guys ! I'm hoping to be RAV4 owner in the upcoming days :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I also found a 2009 Sport in mint condition for 10,900$ CAD. I test drove it and loved it. My only concern is that it has 105K miles and I'm not sure if that's too much for a RAV4. My Corolla 2008 with the same milage runs as if it was still brand new, but I know this changes from car to car. That's why I'm looking for advise here specifically as it applies to RAV4.

Would this be a good option to consider?

Thanks guys ! I'm hoping to be RAV4 owner in the upcoming days :)
Personally, I would buy the 2010, because it's younger.
A wise man might show pictures to his wife, and ask her to choose (based on the color).
Donald Trump would choose the one he wanted, then show his current wife four pictures of the same car, taken from different angles ("Oh, yes, Darling, they are all the same color") and ask her to choose.
They are all V6, AWD.
I have a 2008 base V6 AWD, with 122,000km. With third row seating. Avoid them. The seats are not big enough for a JRT, and you sacrifice all that underfloor storage (that I don't have.) Also, running wires (trailer, rear view camera) is not an easy job as it is in the two-row Rav.
Get yourself a GOOD mechanic and pay him $100 (?) to examine the one you (or your SO) chooses. It's a better deal than "Carfax" (is that the correct name?) because if the car has been in an accident, your GOOD mechanic will find the damage/repair. Yeah, Carfax will tell you if the car has been stolen but we live in Canada, and such things don't happen here. Do they?
Run, don't walk.
'Nuff said.
Where are you located in Canada? Your "$" location tells me "Belle Province."
Good luck!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Really all you need to know is V6. AWD.
You're golden.

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
I also found a 2009 Sport in mint condition for 10,900$ CAD. I test drove it and loved it. My only concern is that it has 105K miles and I'm not sure if that's too much for a RAV4.
I don't fret at all over 10K or 20K miles more or less. Condition is much more important. In fact higher mileage can often be used as a negotiating point.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts