Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
361 - 380 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Anybody have luck in the Houston Area? I can't hardly get a dealer to return my call. Only Sterling McCall thus far has even responded, and they wanted $1900 for 6yr/100K on my 2013 RAV4 XLE (currently at 32K)
I would send emails to all dealers in your state asking to bid for your business.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Anybody have luck in the Houston Area? I can't hardly get a dealer to return my call. Only Sterling McCall thus far has even responded, and they wanted $1900 for 6yr/100K on my 2013 RAV4 XLE (currently at 32K)
Toby is in Bossier City; about a 250 mile trip from Houston. Give him a call; schedule a meet. He will probably meet you at a closer point in La. if it's convenient. Gas is $1.35 in Houston. Road TRIP!!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Toby is in Bossier City; about a 250 mile trip from Houston. Give him a call; schedule a meet. He will probably meet you at a closer point in La. if it's convenient. Gas is $1.35 in Houston. Road TRIP!!
No kidding.
$25 worth of gas to save $1500 on a warranty?

I'd buy that for a dollar!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Already emailed him, waiting for a reply. Spring Break in 10 days and a short run over to Louisiana would be well worth my $1000. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone.... just wanted to share info about my hunt for a good price on Toyota extended warranties... I called Troy (I had bought an extended warranty from him in 2009, really great price) and he has a way of selling me another extended warranty. You should call him and see what he can do for you. I did not buy from him because I found away to get the same low price with a family member in the auto business in a state I visit nearby. I just want to help Troy and all of you get a good deal.

Toyota of Greenfield
1 Main Street
Greenfield, MA 01301

ask for: Troy Dietrich, tell him a California gal referred you to him, Good Luck :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much for this post. We saved over 50% on warranty and service plan by calling Jerry Johnson-----he was great. Over $2,000 saved per car! (We bought two this weekend). I waited to call him after reading this and decided to contact Jerry to see what he could do. Dealer quoted $4400 and we paid him $2215 for EXACT same thing---all through Toyota and he is authorized dealer. Thanks so much for this hint!

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Good that Jerry now again is able to sell extended VSAs across state lines - great guy, easy to work with, discounts VSA prices!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Good that Jerry now again is able to sell extended VSAs across state lines - great guy, easy to work with, discounts VSA prices!
His prices are about 500.00 more than they should be...either the dealer is making him mark up these warranty's or he has gone over to the dark side. I also bought from him in 2009 got a 8year/0 ded/75000 for 659.00...great deal. These warranty's have only had one increase since that time of about 25.00.

·
Registered
261 Posts
So this is only good before your warranty runs out? I had an extended warranty on mine because I bought it with high miles and the dealer warranty wasn't that great, but my extended warranty ran out a few days ago. The cheapest I've seen is like $1200 a year which is just crap. I can bank that and save it in case of a repair.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
So this is only good before your warranty runs out? I had an extended warranty on mine because I bought it with high miles and the dealer warranty wasn't that great, but my extended warranty ran out a few days ago. The cheapest I've seen is like $1200 a year which is just crap. I can bank that and save it in case of a repair.
The Toyota VSA must be purchased within the initial 3/36 and is good for a TOTAL of the terms of the warranty i.e. an 8/100 is good for 8/100 from when the car was at 0/0... not 8/100 in addition to 3/36.

There are aftermarket VSA's available, but they are rarely worth it, and often times a scam. Many have very specific conditions regarding even routine maintenance and these are easily voided (with no refund made).

·
Registered
2 Posts
At 46,000 miles I had the tranny on my 2011 V6 AWD Limited go out. Fixed under platinum warranty in two days. A $5,000 repair job cost $0.

I took the Rav in for an oil change, mentioned a faint whine loudest between 50mph and 80mph and when the dealer confirmed the warranty there was no question, just jumped right on the tranny replacement.

No matter when you buy it is peace of mind and the best value ever!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
His prices are about 500.00 more than they should be...either the dealer is making him mark up these warranty's or he has gone over to the dark side. I also bought from him in 2009 got a 8year/0 ded/75000 for 659.00...great deal. These warranty's have only had one increase since that time of about 25.00.
Agree! You can buy a Hondacare Warranty on a CRV, a comparable vehicle, much cheaper. A 7 yr. 80k is about $640, zero deductible. Toyota warranties used to be comparably priced??

·
Registered
933 Posts
Agree! You can buy a Hondacare Warranty on a CRV, a comparable vehicle, much cheaper. A 7 yr. 80k is about $640, zero deductible. Toyota warranties used to be comparably priced??
You still can get them for a good price... there are people selling them at comparable pricing.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
At 46,000 miles I had the tranny on my 2011 V6 AWD Limited go out. Fixed under platinum warranty in two days. A $5,000 repair job cost $0.

I took the Rav in for an oil change, mentioned a faint whine loudest between 50mph and 80mph and when the dealer confirmed the warranty there was no question, just jumped right on the tranny replacement.

No matter when you buy it is peace of mind and the best value ever!!!
I hope our Platinum warranty covers the ATF replacement on our 2011 RAV4. We just got the car so we're on 2 month probation before the warranty goes into effect or whatever but the dealer confirmed the whine noise and recommended replacement as per TSB, will update in a couple of months!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I hope our Platinum warranty covers the ATF replacement on our 2011 RAV4.
It does not cover routine maintenance.
If your trans uses WS fluid and does not have a dipstick, it is considered to be a "lifetime" fill so even a change at 120k would not be covered even if scheduled maintenance were covered.

361 - 380 of 395 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
394 Replies
149 Participants
Bestdeal1
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing