Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

741 - 746 of 746 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
There is no restriction on doing basic preventive maintenance yourself. Keep the receipts. I put a sticker on the engine air filter box and the glove box door for the cabin filter with the date of change so that any shop that services the family vehicles sees that the basics are done, and as a 'hands off' warning.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I

I wouldn’t see how that would as I would classify those as “wear and tear items” and not covered under warranty anyways
What I meant if they would claim I did not service my 30k service at dealership/mechanic to keep it up in good shape. If something goes wrong, they could refuse me to use warranty.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I answered that in the above: You have an obligation to do, at the bare minimum, whatever it says in your warranty paperwork that came with the vehicle. There isn't a whole lot to do, but it must be done, and on time.
It doesn't matter whether if it is done by Toyota, a local independent, or by you in your driveway. Just keep records.

Reactions: JuJu83

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish I have known this page earlier. Now I feel stupid.

I just got an 2020 XSE Hybrid 3 days ago and also got talked into
  1. the Platinum Service Contract (8 yr/100k mile) - $2245
  2. the Maintenance plan (7 yr/75k miles) - $960
  3. the GAP coverage - $795
According to what I have read from here, it is way higher than what being discussed.
Can someone please share the contact info for Jennifer? I will truly appreciate that

741 - 746 of 746 Posts