Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As a new owner of the new car, I just don't know for sure. When I turn the key to 'ON' position (without turning on stereo and fan), I found there is a very light buzz sound coming behind or under the battery. Is it normal?

Any comments.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
thats probably a relay cycling.. Take it to a dealer to be sure but I think its okay..
Mever looked at mine real close. Let me go check.. hold on.
yep mine does it too. If you put your hand on the exhaust manifild cover you can feel the vibration thru it..

.Frank

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Frank!

I was told by the sales guy that happens on most new cars. Thanks for clearing my concern. Now I am 100% happy with my new buddy.

Cheers.
TSQ.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Usually a buzzing sound when you turn the key is the fuel pump pressurizing the fuel system before you start the engine.

With respect to my Rav4, the fuel pump is in the fuel tank, so even though it does start up before I crank the engine, I never hear the buzzing noise since the pump is in the fuel tank. I believe that the new Rav4's also have the fuel pump in the tank, however in some instances with this setup you might still hear the buzzing noise since it can reverberate through the system.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey there,

any updates recently about strange sound when at a stop light? like buzzing, whining ,.. just want to know if its normal for the Rav4. you can't hear it ( it'll stop) when you start to accelerate from a stop though. anybody went to the dealer? pls share info.

thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine makes a strange wrilling/electronic sound from the steering. Most noticable in teh first 5-10 minutes fo a drive. If I'm at a light and it's acts up, I just turn the streering wheel back and forth a few times. This usually makes it go away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts