Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 RAV4 with 132,000 miles developed transmission problems. The body is in outstanding condition. I still have the RAV4 but with tags/plate off.

The following dealer was willing to give $300 sight unseen for an 11 year old New York State rust belt vehicle with a bad transmission as a courtesy which I thought was fair of him.

Got a "Black Friday" weekend deal today. Saw it on the web at a Chevy dealer. A loaded

2011 Toyota Camry XLE with V6, a one owner with only 23,600 miles. A great price online, then the salesman took another $500 off and told me I get a gift card for $300 which I could use on the deal and I did, so less another $300 off. Also get a free 43" smart TV.

A free engine for life warranty IF I get a 5,000 mile oil change at the dealer or 10,000 mile with synthetic. Yes, synthetic please since I only do 8,500 miles yearly.

The RAV4 which I had for 8 years and was OK and served me well, but it was a base model and once you have a vehicle with all options and a powerful engine, it's hard to settle for less.

I wanted a comfortable ride and not the harder ride of an SUV plus the power and smoothness of the V6. Closer to the ground is a plus for me for visibility and I prefer a trunk for security.

Picking it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Congrats ronbo1313 on the very low mileage Camry, the v6 will be fun getting use to.
- in a nice way

We have also been busy upgrading vehicles too, since summer and a few weeks ago.
- never been a Toyota owner before
- our Volvo wagon, we owned for 8 years / always a good vehicle, but last year was a money pit
Always a good time to make a change, and it sounds like your 2004 RAV4 served you very well...over the years.

OUT with the OLD / IN with the NEW:
Bye-Bye 2002 Volvo V70, with 297,000 Km
Hello 2008 RAV4 Limited, 4x4, v6, with 89,000 Km...our family SUV

Bye-Bye 2008 Nissan Rogue SL, FWD, with 172,000 Km
Hello 2015 Lexus RX350, AWD, v6....son's new SUV

·
Super Moderator
11,139 Posts
Sounds like you fell into a great deal on the Camry. The V-6 is bodacious in that car.

·
Super Moderator
10,209 Posts
I'm sure you'll enjoy the V6 on dry roads - and miss the 4WD on others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts