Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Canada you can only get the cabin air filtration if you order the Limited model. Has anyone been able to add this to a Base or Sport model? If so would you know the part numbers that need to be ordered. I understand that there is a punchout located behind the glove box and all I need is a filter and the filter holder. I can't find any online catalogues for 2006 yet. PS. I'm going to order the V6 AWD Sport model sometime this week. Wishing to negotiate Toyota installing these for pickup date.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To filter outside air requires a button????

Not sure why external air would only need to be filtered occasionally? If you suffer from allergies then I'd think you wish this all the time. Bizarre!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Lots of people just cut a filter to size for the Celica. Imagine you can do the same. Replacement instructions should be in your manual. Then just slap a filter in there for a few bucks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
flyingn said:
its a seperate button to control it on the Limited. Its not not on all the time unless you select it. How do you propose to control it??
I was also thinking about putting the filter in there (if it's not in my base; I need to check -- I did check, see end of this post!). The install instructions look very similar to my '02 Camry.

Regarding the button to control it; I checked the manual; The button I think you are referring to is called the "Micro dust and pollen filter button" (pg 203). If I interpret the manual correctly, I believe all this does it 1) set the air intake to "recirculate," 2) set the vents to "panel" and 3) turns on the fan. It runs this way for 3 minutes, then it reverts to the setting you had before pushing this button. Having said that, I think the air is always run thru the pollen filter no matter what your A/C setting; this button is simply a shortcut to try to filter the cabin air by setting the RECIRC and vents and fan for you in one press; I don't think it routes the air thru the filter only when this button is pressed.

Having written all that, and read the description of the pollen filter on pg 208 (which does not distinguish whether you have the manual or auto A/C system), I got curious, so I popped the glove box and checked, and my Base has the filter, so I think we all have it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
TCDudley said:
In Canada you can only get the cabin air filtration if you order the Limited model.
When I just wrote my prior post, I didn't recall that you mentioned "In Canada." I can't say if things are different there, though I can't imagine why...

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
ahhhh good investigating.. Then all ya need is to install a filter and your good to go.. :)

jabba2000 said:
flyingn said:
its a seperate button to control it on the Limited. Its not not on all the time unless you select it. How do you propose to control it??
I was also thinking about putting the filter in there (if it's not in my base; I need to check -- I did check, see end of this post!). The install instructions look very similar to my '02 Camry.

Regarding the button to control it; I checked the manual; The button I think you are referring to is called the "Micro dust and pollen filter button" (pg 203). If I interpret the manual correctly, I believe all this does it 1) set the air intake to "recirculate," 2) set the vents to "panel" and 3) turns on the fan. It runs this way for 3 minutes, then it reverts to the setting you had before pushing this button. Having said that, I think the air is always run thru the pollen filter no matter what your A/C setting; this button is simply a shortcut to try to filter the cabin air by setting the RECIRC and vents and fan for you in one press; I don't think it routes the air thru the filter only when this button is pressed.

Having written all that, and read the description of the pollen filter on pg 208 (which does not distinguish whether you have the manual or auto A/C system), I got curious, so I popped the glove box and checked, and my Base has the filter, so I think we all have it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only in Canada - Pity

We probably don't get it so it can be an upsell incentive for Limited purchases. Looking at Japan site, it basically says all European get it by default. Lets hope it is there, If not then I guess I will have to buy a holder and filter in the aftermarket.

Thanks for the great information and time spent folks.

S

·
0 Posts
everyone should get pollen filter. However, you can pay extra for purifying filter which removes odors from the air coming in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts