Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the caliper cover fit the rear wheel? There is no space for the clips to hold on to.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid XSE
532 Posts
What brand did you get? I got the MGP covers and they fit perfectly on my 19 XSE.

Reactions: Dshan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rear brakes doesn't have any space or place for the clapier clips to hold onto. I had the caliper from cartrimhome, which I shipped it back. Now I just recently ordered mgp for Japan built. Hope it fits.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid XSE
532 Posts
Easy installation. Took me less than an hour to install all 4. Installed in May and have not had any issues (7k miles).

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Reactions: Dshan

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
243 Posts
Does the caliper cover fit the rear wheel? There is no space for the clips to hold on to. View attachment 170016
I have the same ones you are trying to install. What year is your Rav4 ? That is the Cartihome model. If its not a Gen 5 Rav the brake calipers may be different. Front and rear installed.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
243 Posts
I thought the same thing when installing mine. The first front cover went on easy but when I moved to the back it looked like the mounting clips had nowhere to go. But they do. Here is an install video from Bullet Serrano, maybe help. I don't believe the brakes are any different on the XSE than any other Hybrid except for the Prime.
They are definitely snug in the rear and I had to tap them on with a plastic mallet like in the video.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought the same thing when installing mine. The first front cover went on easy but when I moved to the back it looked like the mounting clips had nowhere to go. But they do. Here is an install video from Bullet Serrano, maybe help. I don't believe the brakes are any different on the XSE than any other Hybrid except for the Prime.
They are definitely snug in the rear and I had to tap them on with a plastic mallet like in the video.
Yes I did ask bullet Serrano,he said he had no idea, but the rear break caliper seem to be different. And then I checked one of my friends xle, the break calipers are different from xse.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
243 Posts
Yes I did ask bullet Serrano,he said he had no idea, but the rear break caliper seem to be different. And then I checked one of my friends xle, the break calipers are different from xse.
Sorry. That sucks. I ordered mine even though they said it did not fit a Hybrid model and it fit. If they didn't fit I was going to fabricate something that would work to mount them. I like these covers best because of the style and they are metal. I like the Brembo covers too but they attach with adhesive glue and didn't want to go that route. Good luck.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
243 Posts
I was looking at your picture where you are trying to put the metal spring clip. I think you may be trying to put it in the wrong place. I think it clips under the caliper closer to the caliper cover, to your right in the photo. I could be wrong. I'm going to go out and look at mine and see. If I see something different will send you a photo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was looking at your picture where you are trying to put the metal spring clip. I think you may be trying to put it in the wrong place. I think it clips under the caliper closer to the caliper cover, to your right in the photo. I could be wrong. I'm going to go out and look at mine and see. If I see something different will send you a photo.
I have no space to clip mine on. The calipers clips wouldn't fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
243 Posts
Sorry. That sucks. I ordered mine even though they said it did not fit a Hybrid model and it fit. If they didn't fit I was going to fabricate something that would work to mount them. I like these covers best because of the style and they are metal. I like the Brembo covers too but they attach with adhesive glue and didn't want to go that route. Good luck.
Couldn't get a good photo with the wheel on. Rotating my tires tomorrow, will send a picture of the caliper tomorrow and see if that helps or clearly indicates different mounting points.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
243 Posts
Thank you
Read this listing on ebay - at the bottom it lists all of the RAV4 the covers fit. Says it fits the XSE. For Toyota RAV4 2019 2020 Auto Disc Brake Caliper Covers Front & Rear Wheels Kit | eBay . I looked at the new photos you sent and still think you do not have the clip placed correctly. It goes in that u shaped channel just above your thumb. You are trying to put it on the fat portion of the caliper to the left of the u shaped channel. I did the same thing when installing. We have to make this work, its killing me because I know it fits.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did try that but
Read this listing on ebay - at the bottom it lists all of the RAV4 the covers fit. Says it fits the XSE. For Toyota RAV4 2019 2020 Auto Disc Brake Caliper Covers Front & Rear Wheels Kit | eBay . I looked at the new photos you sent and still think you do not have the clip placed correctly. It goes in that u shaped channel just above your thumb. You are trying to put it on the fat portion of the caliper to the left of the u shaped channel. I did the same thing when installing. We have to make this work, its killing me because I know it fits.
I told cartrimhome about that and they told me that it doesn't fit your car so they told me to ship the covers back. I tried to fit into the u shape area but it wouldn't go in. They told me that for the xse they don't have the clips that would fit, they found out that the break calipers are different on xse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts