Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Are you referring to the red bar? If so, it's used especially in competition machines to reinforce the front suspension towers to help prevent movement in relation to each other in competition with hard acceleration in FWD vehicles, and in hard turning and cornering, since movement would compromise directional stability.

Reactions: mensajero

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, my bad, I'm not referring to the tower bar. I have one installed. Stupid of me because I didn't specify.

I'm referring to the BLUE part on the head cover. It has four hoses towards the intake manifold. Is it for the ABS? If not, what is it for? :smile

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Or could be water injection :wink

·
Registered
406 Posts
Don't think it's nos. It would have the jets in the runners, or a single jet before the throttle. It would also have high pressure hose to the jets.
Possibly water injection, but still doesn't look right.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Follow the electrical leads. They appear to go to something on the firewall in front of the driver (assuming left-hand drive). I don't know that engine. Can anyone identify where the leads go?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting, the brake fluid cup is on the other side. Which means its not a USA RAV4. Perhaps Australia, or Asia. In the mean time, I'll keep digging. One thing though, it has to be a performance mod of some kind, because it's going into the intake manifold.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It looks as somebody has fitted a new external brain on the bulkhead behind the battery and that flexipipe looks like a new wiring loom running around the engine. My guess and it could be a wild guess is a replacement fuel injection system?
theres some other type of modification as well fixed to the bulkhead silver I colour with what looks like 2 coolant pipes running out of it and a a brass or copper banjo bolt with a pipe coming out of one end?
Also another mystery to me is the bottle bolted to the inner guard with a pipe going to inlet manifold?
Just noticed inline fuel filter on pipe leading to that unit circled on head of engine

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It kind of doesn't add up. An extra injector? It has an foam intake, but no header. If you add injector(s), you need exhaust, if not, it would be spitting black smoke and misfitting like hell. These engine run extremely rich. I lean out mine with the Apexi and it runs well.

It maybe a sensor of some sort.

Mean while, I'll keep digging.

·
Registered
149 Posts
yes but I also think theres a fuel line running into it under that wiring loom in the flexi conduit
also noticed second cable to throttle body when throttle applied the extra cable throttles or opens something else?

·
Registered
149 Posts
i traced him to quite a few forums of different vehicles my bet that he fits these systems maybe
[update] No sorry theres no evidence that he does fit these

1 - 20 of 30 Posts