Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
The original part number for the grey visor (G-Spec with mirror and light switch) was 7431042440B0. The replacement part number that I ordered was 7431042410B2. These are the right hand visors. The Left hand visor is 7432042460B2 The only visible difference was the newer part number version had the airbag warning on both sides. I believe the part number for the 'ivory' coloured version you replace the B with A.
This part number also includes a replacement clip/cover which is handy as they can be very unco-operative when being removed.

I ordered my online from partsouq.com and it cost me about $32 + shipping. You can search for parts by car on here also.

Not sure if the lower spec levels had different visors but you could check on www.toyodiy.com Just click the 'Select your car' link then search by VIN and click on the model code. From there you can search through the links or put 74310 in the part number search at the top right and it will give you access to the relevant parts list for your vehicle.

Glen.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Had two successful transactions with them now. The first with the visor and now also with a tensioner spring for timing belt and a new seat belt buckle. They are still paypal only at the moment, but that's only an issue if you're one of the randomly rejected paypal users.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
I finally got tired of using velcro strips to hold the visor up so bought the visor through the website called autopartscheaper.com. Enter your VIN number so they know which color to ship to you. Part # 74320-42501-B2 for the drivers side.
It ships from Texas and using the promo code FAST you receive $2.00 off. With shipping the total price is $79.68. Installation was easy and everything is included.

2006-2008 Toyota Rav4 Sun Visor Newest Design Genuine OEM New

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally got tired of using velcro strips to hold the visor up so bought the visor through the website called autopartscheaper.com. Enter your VIN number so they know which color to ship to you. Part # 74320-42501-B2 for the drivers side.
It ships from Texas and using the promo code FAST you receive $2.00 off. With shipping the total price is $79.68. Installation was easy and everything is included.

2006-2008 Toyota Rav4 Sun Visor Newest Design Genuine OEM New
Thanks for posting this. By Google searching I found the instructions on how to fix our Driver Side visor. I just joined today and was going to show him the instructions. Then I saw where you bought your new visor so I just placed the order. I will be so happy that I found where I could order one since right now our visor is permanently up (turned to the right) since it was in my husband's line of vision when he drove.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reassembly

I have successfully disassembled the visor and epoxied everything together. I am failing in the last step - can not reassemble the hinge into the sleeve. I see from seans pictures that this is a bit tricky but doing as indicated does not help, hinge is stuck about 3cm into the sleeve. Any suggestions?

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
I have successfully disassembled the visor and epoxied everything together. I am failing in the last step - can not reassemble the hinge into the sleeve. I see from seans pictures that this is a bit tricky but doing as indicated does not help, hinge is stuck about 3cm into the sleeve. Any suggestions?
Tap it with a hammer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Front black plastic part that contains the electrical contacts for the light switch already got loose and had to be epoxied back. Would love not to use a hammer, dont think it survives the force. Cant figure whats blocking looking inside...

·
Registered
2 Posts
this is such a dumb problem for a car company to have. I was hoping there was an easy fix. We're in the market for a new car in the next few months so I don't want to risk damaging, losing or breaking anything. I'm just going to leave it.

dumb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know there are many posts about this silly drooping sun visor because I had this problem & researched it myself. I was angry enough to send a letter to Toyota. I stated that I had was a loyal Toyota owner, I knew that many people had the same problem and Camry owners had their warranty extended to cover this. I said I refused to pay $200 to the dealer to repair this on my 2008 Rav4 and would instead let this droopy sun visor serve as my daily reminder about what brand car I would purchase next!
I received a letter from Toyota and after follow-up phone calls they agreed to cover the replacement of my visor. Within a week I had the new visor installed and the dealership (which I'd gone to for years & had quoted the $200 cost) practically fell over each other being nice to me! Guess the moral of the story is :The squeaky wheel gets the oil! Maybe if enough people complain directly to Toyota they will extend the warranty-It certainly worked for me!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Suesar, although you are no longer being reminded daily (BTW, good for you on having the visor replaced by Toyota), just a heads-up, per my experience Honda, Mazda and Ford take the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place... worse yet, some of them with their fabric lining all puffed-up etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd love to try the sunvisor solution mentioned for my 2006 RV4. The one where a self-tapping screw is screwed into the shaft after removing the mirror and cutting away some foam. The problem I'm having is how do you remove the mirror? It looks like it clips in, but I'm afraid if I stick a screwdriver under the rim, I'll break the frame, mirror or both. How do you remove the mirror/frame assembley from the sunvisor in order to fix the drooping?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great idea! The only thing missing is where did you get the updated sunvisor for $40? I'd like to order one myself.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for posting this. By Google searching I found the instructions on how to fix our Driver Side visor. I just joined today and was going to show him the instructions. Then I saw where you bought your new visor so I just placed the order. I will be so happy that I found where I could order one since right now our visor is permanently up (turned to the right) since it was in my husband's line of vision when he drove.
I purchased a replacement here (autopartscheaper.com) as well. Half the price of the dealer estimate, which didn't include labor. If I wasn't so distracted with life currently, I'd have liked to pursue the squeaky wheel method mentioned earlier. I've been driving Toyotas for almost forty years. Meh.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a hanging visor problem and used a couple hard drive magnets (Neodymium) to keep it in place. Although 2 hard drive magnets will work, I bought extra magnets from ebay since I wanted a stronger attraction. Note: the ebay magnets were cheap quality and weren't as strong as the hard drive ones.

My method wasn't elegant. I just taped one magnet onto the visor (wrapped tape around visor) and then placed the other one on top of the roof liner. I removed the map light console so I can place the 2nd magnet above the liner. After swinging the visor up (with the 1st magnet attached), I allowed the 2nd magnet to position itself via attraction and then taped the 2nd magnet onto the roof liner so it doesn't move around.

It's been a month and still holding up. One thing I noticed is the tape will start to stretch over time and a more rigid material will be better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is an easy fix.

I did a search on YouTube before coming here. I found this: https://youtu.be/uWdonucFahE
They used large binder clip to hold the visor in place. Cost me $4.66 for 6 clips.
Only downside is the clip is visible, but it works. The visor in the video after "repair" hangs down just a little bit, but mine sits snug against headliner. In both cases, there is significant improvement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok this sounds like a great idea. I have one question and it may seem dumb so please bare with me. On the self tapping screw, how do you prevent it from going through the roof?

thank you;
Mike

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ok this sounds like a great idea. I have one question and it may seem dumb so please bare with me. On the self tapping screw, how do you prevent it from going through the roof?

thank you;
Mike
Mike, the use of a short self tapping screw is only on the visor to tighten that small metal clip to add friction to the shaft so the visor will stay in place. I would think the "self tapping screw" is shorter than the thickness of the visor to tighten the friction clip. :wink I believe the suggestion to use a self tapping screw is to avoid using a drill bit.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
About this Discussion
77 Replies
56 Participants
CurrentRAV4 Owner
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing