Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Had a search but can't find an answer..thought this might be a common question.
Does anyone know how easy it is to adjust the clutch bite point? I've a manual petrol VVTI. The clutch bite is just a few cm's of the floor and sometime I feel I'm probably slipping the clutch a bit because I'm not totally stretching and pressing the pedal right down. I'd like to raise the bite point a bit. Possible? :smile Easy? :D

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Hi. Had a search but can't find an answer..thought this might be a common question.
Does anyone know how easy it is to adjust the clutch bite point? I've a manual petrol VVTI. The clutch bite is just a few cm's of the floor and sometime I feel I'm probably slipping the clutch a bit because I'm not totally stretching and pressing the pedal right down. I'd like to raise the bite point a bit. Possible? :smile Easy? :D
Since we don't have manual Ravs on this side of the pond, I have no idea. However, chances are you have a hydraulic clutch which doesn't have, to my knowledge, any provision for adjustment. Worn clutch perhaps? If, for some reason, you have mechanical linkage, then it's a fairly easy process to adjust by looking at the adjustable parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts