Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife wants to buy a 2018 Rav4 Limited Hybrid and is very specific on what she wants. One of the things she wants on her car is the foot operated power liftgate. We were at the dealership yesterday and ready to buy and were amazed that they had no clue on this option. First we were told it was only available on the Premium. Then, that its part of a pkg not available on the Limited. We were also told they discontinued it and the premium. So after I figured out for them what the option code was, I found out there are none available within 300 miles of San Francisco. Seems like they all went to southern CA. So my question to them was if it could be easily added to a Limited if we purchased one without it. So every person at two dealerships had diffrent answers, from a GM saying 'absolutely not' to a service tech saying 'I think so', to others saying 'you probanly can' It's amazing to my wife and I that these dealers we went to went through the entire 2017 model year and still dont know about this option. And why are no vehicles being delivered here (in Northern CA, it seems) with the option? Maybe the brochure should say 'limited availability' or 'not available in all areas'

The way I see it, the car already has a power liftgate so my thinking is all you would need to install it, are the sensors.

Has anyone installed this option or knows for a fact that it can be retrofit on a vehicle that didnt come with it?

Thanks for any help on this, Toyota obviously wasn't

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
I didn't even know it was offered! A quick google shows Platinum only availability for 2017, nothing to be found on 2018.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts