Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Instructions exist

There are detailed instructions on how to install a factory front-bumper sensor kit on the Toyota-EU site. The file is too large to attach...go to http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/6a5452c0-2b0c-4560-8e28-57d4af785376/RAV4_TPA_LHD_Front_without_factory_rear_parking_sensors_PZ464_X2424_00_AIM_002_831_2.pdf

That should be a good guide for an aftermarket kit, too.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering i front park sensors can be installed aftermarket ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'd love to be able to get it installed but after checking out that .pdf it's just totally out of my league. I wonder how expansive it'd be for the dealer to get it installed? Just curious.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Front parking sensors

It's not very difficult, just time consuming. Most sensor kits show distance as well as sounding a buzzer (buzzer can be disabled with a small switch on back of dash display.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm thinking of a camera for the front. I do a lot of parallel parking in the city and seeing the clearance will be more useful. I already have a rear camera.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The PDF manual is for 2012 models.

Is there a manual available for 2013 models?
Thank you.

Ted
Strange. It says the model year is for 2012, but the diagrams are a 2013. Seems like they made a mistake with the model year….

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really is for current model

If you look at the RAV4 being illustrated in the instructions, it is very clearly the current (4.4) model. Don't always believe file names/titles....

The PDF manual is for 2012 models.

Is there a manual available for 2013 models?
Thank you.

Ted

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am having a hard time finding the OEM parking sensor. The numbers in the PDF I can only find in Europe. Any Idea on the one for the states?

Part number: PZ464-X2427-00 Main kit
PZ464-00422-00 Sensor kit - Unpainted

PZ464-T3420-55 (Optional) Rear cancellation switch

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guys, abit of a side topic. I have toyota's front sensors installed on front, but it doesn't come with lights (or even distances but then the rear ones dont either) to show which ones the one that have gone off. Anyone know by chance if an additional light bits can be added to show which ones are going off like the rears? Distance for all the sensors would be awesome too but not sure if the OEM can do distance as well...

The lights is useful for me to determine if the sensor is part of my random single beeps sometime... where there is nothing around close, handbrake is on and stick is on neutral.. Am taking it to the dealership for the first month service next week to check as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts