Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am driving a new 2016 Rav4 XLE Hybrid :). One thing: driving with open moon-roof and windows part-open, I can't hear the lane deviation buzzer over the wind noise. It would be great if there were a way to make it louder, but I've looked and don't find a way to adjust that. Anyone know of a function to do that? Thanks -- HB

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
#1 You should not rely on electronic nannies to drive your car...do that and one day you will lose the ability to do it yourself...
#2 You also need to pay better attention to the website...it is broken down into different sections for different generations and you posted in the wrong one...

Perhaps a generation departure warning could be added to the site to warn members when they're posting outside their gen forum...

Good luck keeping it on the road...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hello, I am driving a new 2016 Rav4 XLE Hybrid :). One thing: driving with open moon-roof and windows part-open, I can't hear the lane deviation buzzer over the wind noise. It would be great if there were a way to make it louder, but I've looked and don't find a way to adjust that. Anyone know of a function to do that? Thanks -- HB
There is no adjustment of that alert beeper.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey rav4system, the OP said they had a 2016 RAV4 hybrid. Any 2016 is 4th generation (which includes any rav 2013 or newer). This would seem to be the correct forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Hey rav4system, the OP said they had a 2016 RAV4 hybrid. Any 2016 is 4th generation (which includes any rav 2013 or newer). This would seem to be the correct forum.

It was moved here, originally posted in the 4.3 forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, friends, I DO know how to drive ...

Thanks, rdgrimes, for the actual answer.

I'm having a good time experimenting with the LDA and the radar, but certainly I don't use them all the time. I consider it rather important to get used to handling this new car myself.

I've been driving for many decades without autonomous gadgets. I didn't expect any lane deviation warnings, and was surprised to find that I was drifting to the right (not the left) occasionally. I think the RAV4 is making a better driver of me.

And apologies for having accidentally selected the wrong forum. -- HB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts