Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 LE AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to add some of the premium features to my RAV4 LE AWD!!
i would love to add the sequential turn signals on my side mirrors and if possible the start/stop button function? Idk if any of those are possible.

but what do you guys think? Is it possible??

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ah, thought the LE had it. Just going to have to purchase a whole new mirror assembly for both sides, and tap into the turn signals, preferably would recommend using t-tap connectors and just run them through the rubber conduit to headlights or something along those lines.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 LE AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, thought the LE had it. Just going to have to purchase a whole new mirror assembly for both sides, and tap into the turn signals, preferably would recommend using t-tap connectors and just run them through the rubber conduit to headlights or something along those lines.
So it is possible?
do know if i can als add a push start/stop? I barely know anything about cars. Just started learning and modifing my rav4 myself the past few months

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Yeah, I know where to buy them but my rav4 doesn’t have the turn signals at all.
Yep, I wasn't aware that the LE's didn't have the turn signals on the mirrors. I confirmed it on the spec sheets for 2019-2021. You might luck out and find that the wiring for the turn signals is inside the mirror housing so replacement of the mirror would be plug and play. Not sure, but it could be something to check out prior to purchasing the whole mirror assemblies.

The push start/stop would be a whole other scenario. Since the system works off of a CAN bus, there would be a different set up for the key system you already have. All of the parts and modules would probably not make the project worth the effort. It probably would not be a plug and play system. To tell you the truth, the key system, IMHO, is a much more secure system than the key fob push start/stop system.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So it is possible?
do know if i can als add a push start/stop? I barely know anything about cars. Just started learning and modifing my rav4 myself the past few months
It is possible, just a matter of trial to see if its worth it. As mentioned above, you might luck out and possibly have the plug and play cables already near the assembly, although I've only seen it in XLE and above (and they have the lights standard in the assembly)

As for push to start, its also possible, just going to be an expensive means to change the starter and all.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 LE AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, I wasn't aware that the LE's didn't have the turn signals on the mirrors. I confirmed it on the spec sheets for 2019-2021. You might luck out and find that the wiring for the turn signals is inside the mirror housing so replacement of the mirror would be plug and play. Not sure, but it could be something to check out prior to purchasing the whole mirror assemblies.

The push start/stop would be a whole other scenario. Since the system works off of a CAN bus, there would be a different set up for the key system you already have. All of the parts and modules would probably not make the project worth the effort. It probably would not be a plug and play system. To tell you the truth, the key system, IMHO, is a much more secure system than the key fob push start/stop system.
Thank you! I’ll take the housing off and see if the wiring is there!
As for the push button that’s not really important i do really like the sequential lights though. Will look great paired with these

·
Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 LE AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is possible, just a matter of trial to see if its worth it. As mentioned above, you might luck out and possibly have the plug and play cables already near the assembly, although I've only seen it in XLE and above (and they have the lights standard in the assembly)

As for push to start, its also possible, just going to be an expensive means to change the starter and all.
I’ll see when in check the housing!!
i honestly don’t care about the push start as much as I’d like the sequential turn signals!

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
347 Posts
Wow, those are nice. Might be my project this coming summer
I loved these tail lights too ! Until I saw the price. Love doing mods specially to the exterior but $550 is pretty steep. If they come down to around $250 at some point in time I would consider. They were $650 but I can't imagine they are a big seller at the current pricing. Really look good though.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 LE AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I loved these tail lights too ! Until I saw the price. Love doing mods specially to the exterior but $550 is pretty steep. If they come down to around $250 at some point in time I would consider. They were $650 but I can't imagine they are a big seller at the current pricing. Really look good though.
They are pretty expensive but I think its worth it though. Maybe it’ll get cheaper over black friday

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is it possible??
Anything is possible! Money, time, and motivation are your limiting factors. If an idea seems worth investing those into, there's always a way to make it happen. Don't be afraid to, carefully and ideally with a guide (plenty of stuff on Youtube for these cars), take things apart and see what's what, like if you have wiring in your mirrors already. As long as you remove parts carefully you can always put them right back on if you don't find what you're looking for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts