Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Rav4 Sport. The Rf's are worn and I want to get mud/snow tires due to the winter weather in upstate NY. I have been having trouble finding regular (non fancy) rims around here so my question is will these rims work alright with a normal set of tires?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have a 2011 Rav4 Sport. The Rf's are worn and I want to get mud/snow tires due to the winter weather in upstate NY. I have been having trouble finding regular (non fancy) rims around here so my question is will these rims work alright with a normal set of tires?
yes.......

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I was always under the impression they won't fit, but don't know for sure. I DO know that Honda Odyssey rf rims won't accept regular tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been having a hard time trying to locate 4 standard rims (nothing fancy) to put winter tires on. Can't find any so I might just go with all seasons. I found the Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season plus are suppose to be great in heavy snow.
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
General Altimax RT43 are also great all-season tires which are good in snow, not as good as dedicated winter tires but I would not hesitate to use them in winter.

They are cheap.

They are a bit smushy; so handling will definitely suffer compared to the rigid RFT. But they will be way more comfortable.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Went through the wheel search looking for a set to change to winter tires. Found no RAV4 rims locally, but a set for Avalon came and went. Then I found that Ford has the same 5x4 1/2" bolt pattern as the RAV, and there were lots of Ford wheels available locally on Craigslist. Happy shopping.

·
Registered
166 Posts
... snipped ... Then I found that Ford has the same 5x4 1/2" bolt pattern as the RAV, and there were lots of Ford wheels available locally on Craigslist. Happy shopping.
114.3mm - 5 bolt pattern rims are plentiful as just about every car manufacture uses them on one of their vehicle lines. The trick is finding rims with the correct offsets ... that is with the correct inside rim spacing that will allow for unencumbered braking operations.

I'm going through that issue right now trying to determine if the used (brand new never mounted) Toyota rims I bought will actually fit my RAV.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/97-4-3-exterior/199834-will-these-toyota-rims-fit-my-4-3-a.html

Caveat Emptor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts