Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Don' t think it will fit. Anything is possible if you have a lot of money for a custom job but i don't see it fitting straight up. Why not get a Bomex front bar? That will let in a lot more air than the Aura lip.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mensagero, although the 4.1 and 4.2 RAVs are somewhat similar in width dimensions; I would have to say that the front lip kit would take alot of effort to modify to fit our 4.1 RAVs. Not that it could not be done, but would require extensive fitting and shaping. Also, the end results may look odd if not done right.

As Moza just mentioned, BOMEX is probably your best bet for perfect fit and finish. I know Phil has one on his ride and it is definitely worth it. If you can get your hands on one, jump on it. Here is Phil's ride, awesome RAV by the way.

http://www.optimumdrive.com/Archives/Cars/1103/1103rav4.asp

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem that I'm running into is the installment of the intercooler. Thier is too little [or non for that matter] Since I have the Safari Bar, I think that it has to go. Then the problem is where to place the intercooler. That I don't have to open the plastic bumper. Solution, I guess the Bomex front bumper. Another problem, shipping charges for this baby is almost as much as the part. :roll: I've already asked at a leading Toyota forum http:www.carrito.net here to see who has Bomex. Anyway I look at it, I'm still looking at about $500.00+. :shock: It is NOT easy. :eek:

A

·
0 Posts
Angel, why not do what I've done with mine? It's not an air-air intercooler, but it's not that much thinner either, and it fits behind the stock bumper with no probs... and the grille guard (which is more restrictive than yours with my bashplate in the way) is absolutely no problem. You will need to cut out the inside of the front bumper area to make it fit though. You'll get more than enough air into where you want it to go. :)

·
Registered
986 Posts
To make that front body kit fit you would need to use a lot of Bondo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts