Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'll. New guy here so please be gentle. :) Wasn't sure if this was more suited for the "Interior" forum or this one. Slap my hand if it's in the wrong place. Just brought home a bouncing new baby girl last night. Her name is V6 Sport(for now). Was out looking her over this morning and found a couple of things that I don't have a clue about. Maybe they are in the owners manual but I could not find them. Maybe I'm just overlooking them...need to sit down and read it all the way thru when I get time. Can someone fill me in on what these are? First, there was a plastic bag in the cargo area with a nylon net thing in it. I can't figure out where it's supposed to attatch . Has loops on the top(both ends) and plastic clips on the botton(both ends), Where does it go? :oops:

The other thing is.... I found two "holes" in the top(roof area) of the cargo area. One on each side. There is a little flip-down plastic cover that's on them and a wierd shaped indention up inside there.

That's all for now but will prolly have more questions after I look it over and drive it some more.

Thanks in advance!! :D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Try page 268 in the owners manual (may be different page than mine) it should cover "Separation Net Fixing hook"and the following pages talk about using the cargo net.

The two "holes" are for the Separation Net.

To tell you the truth I haven't tried playing around with the net thingy yet so all I can tell you is what is in the manual..

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't it comes with Cargo poles??

You need to hook the rounded circle rings in the net on to the grocery hook and other end of the net should hook onto the rings which is below the grocery hook...
Check out my other thread, i asked the same question 3 weeks before and couple of other users explained me clearly.

Thanks
Amy.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm...not sure exactly what you are saying but I will see if I can figure it out. Yeas it did come with "cargo poles" It is NOT the separation net mentioned above, it is more like a big net "bag".

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
dragracer7383 said:
It is NOT the separation net mentioned above, it is more like a big net "bag".
The pole thing didn't excite me much..

The only thing I could see useful was using it for a Dog Hamick :mrgreen:

Our dogs vetoed the idea how ever :cry:

·
Registered
67 Posts
That is the regular cargo net, not the one with the poles. If you look on the back wall of the Rav on either side of the rear door, there should be two hooks to string the loops of the net onto. The clips attach to the metal rings towards the floor of the Rav directly below the hooks.

As for the holes with the plastic covers, my salesperson told me they are actually for the shoulder straps of the third row seatbelts. Of course, if you don't have the third row, you still have the holes, so they cover them with the plastic covers. If you notice there are actually cupholders in the cargo area for the third row too.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
monetnj said:
That is the regular cargo net, not the one with the poles. If you look on the back wall of the RAV on either side of the rear door, there should be two hooks to string the loops of the net onto. The clips attach to the metal rings towards the floor of the RAV directly below the hooks.

As for the holes with the plastic covers, my salesperson told me they are actually for the shoulder straps of the third row seatbelts. Of course, if you don't have the third row, you still have the holes, so they cover them with the plastic covers. If you notice there are actually cupholders in the cargo area for the third row too.
Makes sense. Thanks! :)

I was thinking the manual says those "holes" are for the separation net(mentioned above)... but maybe I was reading it wrong. Whichever it is...don't think I have to worry about them. :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
flyingn said:
that answers your q dragracer. I too am a drag racer. Lok at my webpage in my sig to see mine. What you you race and where?
Nice lookin' GN. :D

Ahh...we just bracket race here locally. Have a little 10 second(quarter mile) Vega that I have owned for about 15 years. Have a couple of pics of the car here if ya want to check it out. http://www.luddite.net/showmedave/ (Hint: Click the little picture of the car)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts