Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the unlock feature can be disabled for the back seat locks. I want to make sure children cannot unlock the doors back there. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I was wondering if the unlock feature can be disabled for the back seat locks. I want to make sure children cannot unlock the doors back there. Thank you.
You didn't mention what model year your RAV is, but since you posted in this section I assume it is somewhere between 2006-2012. I also made an assumption that since you are just asking your question now, that you have a more recent model. Based on those assumptions I downloaded the 2012 owners manual and copied this section which explains how to accomplish your goal.

If you don't have a 2012 model, don't worry because almost every car built in the last 35 years has the same feature. (Wikipedia Article)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for answering. I have a 2009 & I don't have that function as stated. I'll look in the 2009 manual. I don't have that round thing the arrow is pointing to on your diagram.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked in the 2009 manual & then went out to look in the car. I was looking for something like the circle the arrow was pointing to. Lol. I found the little switches. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yes, I think the picture was describing what was said in the text "Push down on each rear door switch".

Enjoy your new RAV, and if you fill out your profile, it will be easier for the forum members to answer any other questions you may have. Another option would be to add your information in your signature as I have done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's strange. I did fill out my profile but it's was gone when I just checked on it. I filled it out again & saved it again. It seems like it is in there now. Sorry about that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts