Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Longtime Toyota owner/fan. Just bought a used Toyota Rav4- 2014 limited. I am the 2nd owner of the vehicle. I use an iphone 6 . The voice recognition does not recognize anything I say. I have read through the manual, with no luck :frown is there a way to reset the system and start like a new vehicle for voice recognition? When talking on the phone - doesn't seem like anyone can understand me either... Suggestions, please...

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Did you do the voice command training as shown in the manual? Traveling on noisy road surfaces will usually interfere with voice commands, it didn't work well with Siri for me either and giving verbal navigation commands is a joke usually with or without the training, but I haven't had a problem using the phone hands-free.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome to these forums!

I have a 2013 Limited and a Galaxy S7 edge, I didn't do any voice recognition and my voice commands are a hit about 75% of the time, the rest is a miss.

Talking on the phone over the Bluetooth is always perfect, the system also reads back my incoming text messages without any problems.

No iPhone in the family so can't test it with one.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Did you do the voice command training as shown in the manual? Traveling on noisy road surfaces will usually interfere with voice commands, it didn't work well with Siri for me either and giving verbal navigation commands is a joke usually with or without the training, but I haven't had a problem using the phone hands-free.
Ditto.

Hands-free phone conversations seem to be fine. I have not had anyone complain.
The command recognition, particularly navigation search functions? Forget it. It's worthless. WAY frustrating, and dealing with it is more dangerous when driving than simply manually inputting the search terms, but of course Toyota's lawyers won't let you... OR YOUR PASSENGER do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts