Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I am going home for holidays now in january/february and I was thinking in going to Canada as well for a week or two. I would like to know from Canadians/Canada residents if is it worth it go over there in winter? Are there nice things to do for two or three weeks? Some driving, hiking, tourist attractions, etc. I was thinking in go to British Columbia, either go on my own or getting some holiday package off an agency

Any sugestions or advices?

Thank you

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm from the eastern US and have spent several weeks in the BC area. Victoria, Vancouver, and then on up the coast. Lots of ferry trips, quaint coastal towns. Sometimes the mail boats that stop at the little towns are able to take passengers and it is in those little towns away from the tourist stops and their hordes that you'll find authentic Canada. The smaller the boat, the less likely the locals will be unwelcoming.

(Had the good fortune to spend two weeks in NZ in 2001 the month after 9/11. Both Islands. Christchurch before the quake. My wife and I said if our grandkids weren't here we'd want to live there. Of course that was before NZ became overrun and began discouraging such notions.)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided not to go now. I think Canada in winter for one or two weeks then south america in summer wont be the best idea right now. I'll go to Canada when I have more time.

I arrived in NZ in 2014, to work on the chch rebuild. I think at that time, even three years later (after the earthquakes), there was much more jobs around as NZ did not have not even close the work force for it. Now it is a bit different, everything is getting quieter. The new goverment is changing heaps of immigration politics at the moment. Over here is a nice place to live I think, MUCH safer than South America and waaay easier as well.

Anyway, thanks for your answer. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
We went to Niagara Falls on January 1st, and it was so cold, my DSLR camera battery froze. (use hand warmers on the battery next trip).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts