Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1059 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for CANADIAN customers:

I know that a few 2022 RAV4 Hybrids have been delivered to a couple customers in the USA lately but what about CANADA (specifically in Quebec)?

Has anyone received his/hers 2022 RAV4 Hybrid yet? Has anyone got an allocation yet?

I've been waiting for my 2022 RAV4 Hybrid XLE since August 17 (5 months ago) and I'm starting to think I might not have it before summer... :(

Thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
2022 XLE Hybrid
35 Posts
Question for CANADIAN customers:

I know that a few 2022 RAV4 Hybrids have been delivered to a couple customers in the USA lately but what about CANADA (specifically in Quebec)?

Has anyone received his/hers 2022 RAV4 Hybrid yet? Has anyone got an allocation yet?

I've been waiting for my 2022 RAV4 Hybrid XLE since August 17 (5 months ago) and I'm starting to think I might not have it before summer... :(

Thanks for your replies!
Nothing on my side yet. My dealer told me (in November) that he expected to have the first 2022 models around March but I expect April or May. It takes patience ... but I'm still convinced it's the best choice for me so I'm willing to wait.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing on my side yet. My dealer told me (in November) that he expected to have the first 2022 models around March but I expect April or May. It takes patience ... but I'm still convinced it's the best choice for me so I'm willing to wait.
Thanks for replying man. It's kind of reassuring to realize I'm not the only one in this situation. As for me, I'm definitely hoping end of April the latest as I'm planning a road trip in the US at the beginning of June... so yes, just like you, I'm patient but I really hope I will get an allocation soon... fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2022 XLE Hybrid
35 Posts
I got some news...

I called my dealer today. He told me that the assembly line in Woodstock ON (where the RAV4Hs are made in Canada) completely ceased production between October and December. The factory resumed its activity only about 3 weeks ago according to him.

He also mentioned to me that I was 4th on the list for this particular dealership, and that he expected manufacturing of my vehicle to begin around the end of February/early March. He thinks he can call me back in February to let me know.

On the other hand, he also let me know that with all the delays due to the resumption of production and the already existing backlog for 2021, I should not expect to have my vehicle before next spring. So here you go.

·
Registered
2021 rav4 xle hybrid
187 Posts
Don't forget there are 2 plants in Ontario that builds the rav4 hybrid woodstock and cambridge
Did they close both between October and December ?
i don't believe so because I'm going up slowly on my dealers list
I was 31th all model (le,xle,limited,xse and prime hybrids) and 16th on my xle hybrid model last August 4th when I ordered
Now 16th all model and 7th on my xle hybrid model

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't forget there are 2 plants in Ontario that builds the rav4 hybrid woodstock and cambridge
Did they close both between October and December ?
i don't believe so because I'm going up slowly on my dealers list
I was 31th all model (le,xle,limited,xse and prime hybrids) and 16th on my xle hybrid model last August 4th when I ordered
Now 16th all model and 7th on my xle hybrid model
Bonjour Yves,

I was told the hybrids are only made in Woodstock and gas models in Cambridge… I was also told the Cambridge plant was the only one that closed for 3 months so that’s where the hybrids are made… but obviously, I could have gotten the wrong info… who knows…

We have tons of different info coming from everywhere all around the world so we’re kind of all mixed up… very frustrating…

You are very lucky your dealer provided you a waiting list number as my dealer tells me « he doesn’t know » WTF??? If I stand with your info I guess I shouldn’t be very far in the waiting list as I ordered my Hybrid XLE on August 17…

This situation is totally insane… but we have to control our nerves right! ;)

All we can do is wait!

·
Registered
2021 rav4 xle hybrid
187 Posts
I didn't even know they had closed plants in ontario until I saw your post today
Your right we have to be unusually patient but this one we can't blame it on covid19
It's because of the world chip shortage
Your dealer probably does have a waiting list so they know who get which hybrids has they receive them you just have to ask them
Good luck and stay heathy
Just don't forget to ask for your model
My dealer has several list 1 general all rav4 hybrid models then 1 different one for each seperate model LE ,XLE XSE PRIME LIMITED
So if somebody ordered a limited hybrid after me he might get it before me but the dealer can ask if you want it 1st
Example if I'm 1st on the list for my xle hybrid I ordered but he receives 3 limited hybrid and they were all ordered after me he will ask if I want to upgrade 1st

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't even know they had closed plants in ontario until I saw your post today
Your right we have to be unusually patient but this one we can't blame it on covid19
It's because of the world chip shortage
Your dealer probably does have a waiting list so they know who get which hybrids has they receive them you just have to ask them
Good luck and stay heathy
Just don't forget to ask for your model
My dealer has several list 1 general all rav4 hybrid models then 1 different one for each separate model LE ,XLE XSE PRIME LIMITED
So if somebody ordered a limited hybrid after me he might get it before me but the dealer can ask if you want it 1st
Example if I'm 1st on the list for my xle hybrid I ordered but he receives 3 limited hybrid and they were all ordered after me he will ask if I want to upgrade 1st
Thanks for all these info. I wasn't aware about those possibilities...

So basically, if my dealer receives an "higher" model, he could call me an offer it? Wow...

The only thing is that I'm pretty sure Toyota does that on purpose because by doing so, they have greater chance to sell more expensive models...

Frankly, I'm not sure I'm interested in getting - for instance - a Premium instead of a regular XLE as - correct me if I'm wrong - the only major differences are the Soft-Tex leather seats, the bigger and nicer wheels, the fog lights and a bigger screen... all of this for an additional $3000-3500 ??? Personally, I don't think that's worth it... I prefer my XLE (Regular) as it is already very well equipped for our needs.

I'll keep working on my patience and see what happens...

·
Registered
2021 rav4 xle hybrid
187 Posts
I agree with you I ordered a xle hybrid and it is the limit of my budget I don't want to pay anymore
And I don't know how your dealer works he might not even offer an upgrade if he receives one and your next on list good luck
Have a good day be healthy and be patient
👍

·
Registered
2022 XLE Hybrid
35 Posts
My dealer has several list 1 general all rav4 hybrid models then 1 different one for each seperate model
That's right, I can confirm that. My dealer told me the same thing two weeks ago. I was 4th in the global list (for the '22 model), but 3 ordered the LE model and I am going for the XLE. So basically I am the next one for that particular model. My dealer told me I could be offered an LE model if somenone pulls out but he knows I don't want this model.

Frankly, I'm not sure I'm interested in getting - for instance - a Premium instead of a regular XLE as - correct me if I'm wrong - the only major differences are the Soft-Tex leather seats, the bigger and nicer wheels, the fog lights and a bigger screen... all of this for an additional $3000-3500 ???
The XLE premium is not offered for the XLE Hybrid anyway. This is only a gas-model option.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree with you I ordered a xle hybrid and it is the limit of my budget I don't want to pay anymore
And I don't know how your dealer works he might not even offer an upgrade if he receives one and your next on list good luck
Have a good day be healthy and be patient
👍
I actually sent an email to my dealer's assistant sales manager this week-end to ask him if he has a list so I can know where I am. He was on holiday last week so I'm hoping he will get back to me this week... finger's crossed... I want my 2022 HYBRID XLE and nothing else! 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's right, I can confirm that. My dealer told me the same thing two weeks ago. I was 4th in the global list (for the '22 model), but 3 ordered the LE model and I am going for the XLE. So basically I am the next one for that particular model. My dealer told me I could be offered an LE model if someone pulls out but he knows I don't want this model.

The XLE premium is not offered for the XLE Hybrid anyway. This is only a gas-model option.
Holy cow... I'm learning new things every minute today! 🤣 No kidding? I didn't know that! Ok so next trim level would be the XSE right?
That means we all have good chances of getting the model we want (XLE) if there's no "Premium" available with the XLE! 😃
Patience Guys... we'll get there one day! 🤣

·
Registered
2022 XLE Hybrid
35 Posts
Hi all,

My dealer just called me today (jan 25th). He had a cancellation for a black XLE (shipping in April) and offered me to take it instead of the white I ordered, since I was next in line. Call me crazy, but since I have absolutely no desire for this color (it was my last choice), so I passed. Told him if he had a silver or lunar rock I would be interresed though.

So... He also confirmed I'm next on the list (I was the 4th on the list two weeks ago), likely to ship in late April or May if all goes well as I predicted, maybe a little faster... Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe true for Canada, but they are available in the US. I have one.
Yeah, you're right but the Canadian XLE is more equipped than the one in the US (among others, the electric tailgate and moon roof are included). Correct me if I'm wrong but in the US, you have to select the Premium if you want those additions. I don't get it why Toyota does that... it doesn't make any sense...

1 - 20 of 1059 Posts