Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1141 - 1160 of 1220 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Last week of March as well in Toronto. I called the salesperson yesterday, and they told me they have no updates, and the one I ordered (Hybrid XLE) is the hardest one to get. They have not seen many hybrids of any trim in recent months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys ! Any update from your dealership in Ontario, bookings from Jan to March 2022?
Ordered mine RAV hybrid XLE blue on Feb 19 from Montreal west island. I got a message yesterday. Another 6-12month wait from now and he was mostly certain that I get 2023 model. The delay seems getting worse exponentially!! New order now has to wait >2 years for hybrid and > 5 years for Prime, the dealer said. :(

·
Registered
2022 Rav4 hybrid Limited Ruby Red Flare
447 Posts
Ordered mine RAV hybrid XLE blue on Feb 19 from Montreal west island. I got a message yesterday. Another 6-12month wait from now and he was mostly certain that I get 2023 model. The delay seems getting worse exponentially!! New order now has to wait >2 years for hybrid and > 5 years for Prime, the dealer said. :(
Wow 2 yrs, that’s crazy! Glad I ordered last Aug 2021, got mine May 2022. And thought that wait was long enough. And 5 yrs for Prime yikes!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, I think that happens, it is probably time for another car, it almost sounded like they just gave up making the hybrid cars all together in Canada.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am also seriously thinking of switching to other company models,started some searches . Our dealer also mentioned in last june that all hybrid orders are 8-12 months more wait time.Not sure if we need to resign the order after this year.Wonder where all these manufactured vehicles going.Toyota production increased in august 2022 compare to 2021 about 40 percent.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am also seriously thinking of switching to other company models,started some searches . Our dealer also mentioned in last june that all hybrid orders are 8-12 months more wait time.Not sure if we need to resign the order after this year.Wonder where all these manufactured vehicles going.Toyota production increased in august 2022 compare to 2021 about 40 percent.
They're going to the US. As it was explained to me, their market is much larger than ours, with more competition, so Toyota works harder to prioritize them and keep them happy. Most US customers are waiting 1-3 months, with some able to buy off the lot. One thing to note is that many US dealers are upcharging massively above MSRP, though to be honest, I'd rather have paid a couple thousand above MSRP to already have a RAV4 by now, would've made it back in fuel savings.

I ordered first week of April in Barrie, my dealer won't even give me a timeframe anymore or tell me my place in queue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They're going to the US. As it was explained to me, their market is much larger than ours, with more competition, so Toyota works harder to prioritize them and keep them happy. Most US customers are waiting 1-3 months, with some able to buy off the lot. One thing to note is that many US dealers are upcharging massively above MSRP, though to be honest, I'd rather have paid a couple thousand above MSRP to already have a RAV4 by now, would've made it back in fuel savings.

I ordered first week of April in Barrie, my dealer won't even give me a timeframe anymore or tell me my place in queue.
Toyota US also provides 2 years of free maintenance to attract buyers. That would be a welcome perk in Canada. I am on a 18-24 month wait for an SE Hybrid in cavalry blue as of early Aug, 2022. Our dealer mentioned the XSE hybrid was the model with the longest wait for hybrids. They were not even taking new names for the Prime model as it was at least 5-7 years already. That is absurd. The market changes so much every year, that I can't imagine a RAV4 Prime will be the best option in 2027.

Our BC dealer said we could get an SE ICE model in about 6-8 months, but I didn't want to compromise on what I want. I imagine the 2023 model year change over is slowing production, but I am reading things are supposed to improve in the second half of 2023. I also read that Toyota is carrying more debt than any car manufacturer right now. Perhaps the push to hydrogen fuel cells and BEV's has them stretched too thin. If their hybrids weren't so damn compelling, and their brand so damn reliable, I might be willing to look elsewhere too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Perhaps the hybrid market is a smaller share of vehicle sales in Canada than here in the U.S. because the hybrid fuel savings are less significant because of winter weather which is colder than in most parts of the U.S. just a thought.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just talked to our Dealer's today again. The Novemember/December time line doesn't apply anymore, now it is March to September 2023. I ordered March 7, 2022 Winnipeg. I would suggest all ask dealer about it, it seems they won't let you know until the time-line is closer.

Looks like they are giving up have the orders filled for most of the 2022.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been lurking on this thread for a few months so I finally made an account.

I just talked to my dealer here in Ontario and I'm 7th on the list for a Rav4, I placed my order back in March and was initially told 3 - 6 Months.

With that information, I think the earliest I could hope for is December but I'm not holding my breath.

I ordered a XSE with the tech package and know that trim is a long wait.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Been lurking on this thread for a few months so I finally made an account.

I just talked to my dealer here in Ontario and I'm 7th on the list for a Rav4, I placed my order back in March and was initially told 3 - 6 Months.

With that information, I think the earliest I could hope for is December but I'm not holding my breath.

I ordered a XSE with the tech package and know that trim is a long wait.
sorry to say but I think your dealership was misleading you. I don’t think any wait lists were 3-6 mos in March 2022.
I ordered in Aug 2021 and was told 6mo earliest. My Rav Hybrid came in May 2022.

My best advice for those waiting is to be flexible in colour choices. Let dealership know what colours you’d accept. I gave 3 colours. And go with a high volume dealership.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just talked to our Dealer's today again. The Novemember/December time line doesn't apply anymore, now it is March to September 2023. I ordered March 7, 2022 Winnipeg. I would suggest all ask dealer about it, it seems they won't let you know until the time-line is closer.

Really frustrating, I am exploring other automobile brands now. I too have March 2022 booking from Toronto. Absolutely no update.

·
Registered
2022 (or 2023) Toyota Rav4 XSE Hybrid incoming
16 Posts

Not great news. I ordered an XSE from Birchwood on May 28th. At the time I was told it was a 7-9 month wait. Clearly that's not going to be accurate.

Hoping your wait time is more towards March 2023 than September.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not great news. I ordered an XSE from Birchwood on May 28th. At the time I was told it was a 7-9 month wait. Clearly that's not going to be accurate.

Hoping your wait time is more towards March 2023 than September.
You should call or E-mail them, I don't like how they didn't tell us this earlier about this until I asked. Otherwise, I would have switched to a gas model, which is taking 4 - 6 month too, now if I go ask everywhere else, it seems every car is 3 - 4 month wait. Maybe they are all waiting for the same digital rear view mirrors ?

Now, I am just praying that we wouldn't have same winter this year.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You should call or E-mail them, I don't like how they didn't tell us this earlier about this until I asked. Otherwise, I would have switched to a gas model, which is taking 4 - 6 month too, now if I go ask everywhere else, it seems every car is 3 - 4 month wait. Maybe they are all waiting for the same digital rear view mirrors ?

Now, I am just praying that we wouldn't have same winter this year.
The hybrid will be worth the wait!

1141 - 1160 of 1220 Posts