Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1161 - 1180 of 1220 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Rav4 hybrid Limited Ruby Red Flare
447 Posts
My order for Rav4 XSE non tech from Aug 2021 still pending. No updates from dealer.
Have you been phoning and asking for updates? I don’t know if it made a difference but I phoned my sales person first week of every month and the last few I also asked where I was in orders, how many ahead of me. I wanted to let them know I was there! I ordered same time as you and got mine end of May.

·
Registered
2022 Rav4 hybrid Limited Ruby Red Flare
447 Posts
I ordered a Rav4 Hyrbid LE on April 13th 2022. I told the dealer we didn't have any colour preference. I met with the dealer today to finalize my trade as our 2022 Magnetic Grey Rav4 Hybrid is scheduled to arrive by Sept 14th or so. He said I lucked out on my wait time.
You sure did luck out! Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got a call from my dealer today, basically was told that I still don't have an ETA but will be getting a 2023 model, and I'll get another call to go in to sign an updated contract once pricing is released. Hybrid XSE non-tech, ordered first week Apr 2022 in Barrie, ON.

·
Registered
2021 rav4 xle hybrid
206 Posts
Shouldn't be according to dealer, will have to confirm with financing once I'm there in person.
I ordered august 4th 2021 when the rate was 4.49 with Toyota, my delivery date is early next week (13 months wait time ) I signed the papers about 7 days ago and the finance rate is now 5.49 toyota credit
The dealer has to go with whatever toyota credit is at

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered august 4th 2021 when the rate was 4.49 with Toyota, my delivery date is early next week (13 months wait time ) I signed the papers about 7 days ago and the finance rate is now 5.49 toyota credit
The dealer has to go with whatever toyota credit is at
The way Toyota keeps delaying the cars, by the time car is made, some people might walk away or not qualified because the rate is so high. So much for government keeps telling everyone to buy an EV

·
Registered
2021 rav4 xle hybrid
206 Posts
The way Toyota keeps delaying the cars, by the time car is made, some people might walk away or not qualified because the rate is so high. So much for government keeps telling everyone to buy an EV
Your right but I have good credit 780 so I wasn't worried but basically if your at 650 or higher you shouldn't have a problem that is what I was told by the finance person at my dealer
Or alot of banks will accept even if your below 650 but at higher interest rate like 6.99 or more

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, after exactly 6 months (we ordered Feb 8th ) we are taking delivery of our SE Hybrid tonight. Toyota honoured the original interest rate, which is nice. We didn't get the color we wanted (wanted Calvary blue, but metallic black) but given the market I am not complaining.

·
Registered
2022 (or 2023) Toyota Rav4 XSE Hybrid incoming
16 Posts
You should call or E-mail them, I don't like how they didn't tell us this earlier about this until I asked. Otherwise, I would have switched to a gas model, which is taking 4 - 6 month too, now if I go ask everywhere else, it seems every car is 3 - 4 month wait. Maybe they are all waiting for the same digital rear view mirrors ?

Now, I am just praying that we wouldn't have same winter this year.
Finally got some time to talk to my sales person about the 2022 XSE Hybrid I ordered on May 28th 2022. At the the time I was told it would be a 7 to 9 month wait. Now the wait time has increased to 18 to 24 months from the time I purchased although he was confident I would get a 2023 model year which would make it closer to 18 months. He said they would be getting their next update on orders at the start of October.

I'm disappointed but not surprised as I've read about other people's experience here with their orders.

With interest rates rising and inflation the way it is I think there's a good possibility that people may end up canceling there orders so wait times will continue to be fluid to say the least.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally got some time to talk to my sales person about the 2022 XSE Hybrid I ordered on May 28th 2022. At the the time I was told it would be a 7 to 9 month wait. Now the wait time has increased to 18 to 24 months from the time I purchased although he was confident I would get a 2023 model year which would make it closer to 18 months. He said they would be getting their next update on orders at the start of October.

I'm disappointed but not surprised as I've read about other people's experience here with their orders.

With interest rates rising and inflation the way it is I think there's a good possibility that people may end up canceling there orders so wait times will continue to be fluid to say the least.
If it is 24 months, you would get a 2024 model, by then who knows what else going to happen. I asked my sales person if they know what is held up, basically just the changes in the world they have never seen before.

Not sure if you are same boat as me need to replace my 2006 Sedan, maybe should see if getting other cars are faster.

·
Registered
2022 (or 2023) Toyota Rav4 XSE Hybrid incoming
16 Posts
If it is 24 months, you would get a 2024 model, by then who knows what else going to happen. I asked my sales person if they know what is held up, basically just the changes in the world they have never seen before.

Not sure if you are same boat as me need to replace my 2006 Sedan, maybe should see if getting other cars are faster.
I have a pretty new vehicle already so I'm not too concerned about the wait time for now but we'll see what happens as far as interest rates, price and trade in values go. If it turns out that any of those situations are untenable for me then I'll have no problem canceling and driving my current vehicle.

The sales person did mention that 2023 production has started although not sure if that's true or not...haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else yet.

In your case it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to at least check into the timelines on other vehicles if you need to replace your older sedan.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you been phoning and asking for updates? I don’t know if it made a difference but I phoned my sales person first week of every month and the last few I also asked where I was in orders, how many ahead of me. I wanted to let them know I was there! I ordered same time as you and got mine end of May.
@SueM I am following up every month or so. Spoke to sales manager few times but they are saying XSE are very hard to get. My order is not even showing up in production yet. Feeling a bit helpless here but dealership is trying to convince me to place an order for Rav4 gas model instead.

·
Registered
33 Posts
@SueM I am following up every month or so. Spoke to sales manager few times but they are saying XSE are very hard to get. My order is not even showing up in production yet. Feeling a bit helpless here but dealership is trying to convince me to place an order for Rav4 gas model instead.
I recently did a Calgary to Vancouver road trip, was basically able to do an extended test drive in a rented 2022 RAV4 XLE gas model. Loved the features, and the automatic braking saved my ass when someone decided to slam on their brakes infront of me while going over a cattleguard; the kayaks hanging five feet past their tailgate nearly went through my windshield. It was pretty decent on gas, I think we only stopped three times to fill up the whole way. The driving modes actually do make quite a difference in handling, the rock/dirt mode on a windy gravel mountain road gave me significantly better control and power distribution. On the downside, the initial acceleration felt sluggish when starting from a dead stop or when passing at highway speeds, which seems to be one of the main complaints people who buy the gas models have. I'd personally rather wait for the 2023 hybrids, and hope my current car holds out till then.

1161 - 1180 of 1220 Posts