Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Canadian 2022 RAV4 Hybrids deliveries / allocations status

167444 Views 1654 Replies 161 Participants Last post by  rav4 frustration
Question for CANADIAN customers:

I know that a few 2022 RAV4 Hybrids have been delivered to a couple customers in the USA lately but what about CANADA (specifically in Quebec)?

Has anyone received his/hers 2022 RAV4 Hybrid yet? Has anyone got an allocation yet?

I've been waiting for my 2022 RAV4 Hybrid XLE since August 17 (5 months ago) and I'm starting to think I might not have it before summer... :(

Thanks for your replies!
Reactions: Cat_ned
1521 - 1540 of 1655 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
XLE Hybrid, they gave me no timeline. Said they had a few customers still waiting from 2021. I just wanted to make sure they knew I didn't want the XLE premium upgrade. I am in no rush as I have another vehicle and work from home so I check in with them every few months.

· Registered
29 Posts
XLE Hybrid, they gave me no timeline. Said they had a few customers still waiting from 2021. I just wanted to make sure they knew I didn't want the XLE premium upgrade. I am in no rush as I have another vehicle and work from home so I check in with them every few months.
Oct 2021 order still not fullfill yet? There must be some undergoing deal behind your dealership.

· Registered
38 Posts
Comply with 'Legislation'....oh that's a new one to me. The 'Mark em up' legislation?
In Ontario, the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act now requires all advertised pricing to show "all in pricing". Basically, every fee the dealer is planning to hit you with (except for HST & Licensing which is not in their control). Maybe similar rules in other provinces but this is driving the change in display.

· Registered
28 Posts
I have an XLE on order as well in Ottawa, could you tell us which dealership or message it to me?

· Registered
8 Posts
I have an XLE on order as well in Ottawa, could you tell us which dealership or message it to me?
We're from Ottawa. Ordered an XLE in march of last year from Tony Graham. Initial estimate was 5 to 6 months. Followed up with salesman earlier this month and he said that the vehicle is not yet in production and he will notify us when it will. Enquired regarding whether we can at least have a rough estimate, he didn't even respond. I have a strong feeling that they are prioritizing other orders because we don't have a trade in.

Not a great buying experience from this dealership so far.

· Registered
423 Posts
Just an idea..
Has anyone in Canada, tried to import a RAV4 Hybrid from the States? While the Canadian dollar isn't very strong right now, ($1.366, at RBC two days ago) we paid $28,900 US for our 2021 RAV 4Hybrid LE.. These cars are being built on both sides for the border, going back and forth. The warranty on our RAV 4 is valid in the US, or Canada.

These wait times in Canada are crazy.

· Registered
88 Posts
Just an idea..
Has anyone in Canada, tried to import a RAV4 Hybrid from the States? While the Canadian dollar isn't very strong right now, ($1.366, at RBC two days ago) we paid $28,900 US for our 2021 RAV 4Hybrid LE.. These cars are being built on both sides for the border, going back and forth. The warranty on our RAV 4 is valid in the US, or Canada.

It looks like it's a relatively complicated and paperwork heavy process, lots of different agencies and forms to cover. The 2023s also aren't on the list of admissible cars yet on Transport Canada's website. Section 3.0 - Passenger Cars

· Registered
8 Posts
Just an idea..

Interesting thoughts.

I saw a video on Ben Hardy's youtube channel and it appears that there are dealers south of the border that specializes in importing used canadian cars.

I'll assume canadian dealers will be become very vocal if we start seeing US new cars sold here and Toyota will probably quickly step in to "punish" those involved in the scheme.

· Registered
423 Posts
Interesting thoughts.
I'll assume canadian dealers will be become very vocal if we start seeing US new cars sold here and Toyota will probably quickly step in to "punish" those involved in the scheme.
I wasn't suggesting dealers import US cars, but Canadian individuals..Maybe under NAFTA , Canadians would not have to pay any duties on a car manufactured in the US? But certainly GST..

· Registered
28 Posts
We're from Ottawa. Ordered an XLE in march of last year from Tony Graham. Initial estimate was 5 to 6 months. Followed up with salesman earlier this month and he said that the vehicle is not yet in production and he will notify us when it will. Enquired regarding whether we can at least have a rough estimate, he didn't even respond. I have a strong feeling that they are prioritizing other orders because we don't have a trade in.

Not a great buying experience from this dealership so far.
I have a trade in but maybe since it had an accident they aren’t excited to take it since it can’t be “certified” resale.

· Registered
68 Posts
I've seen that site and wonder where they got that information. I currently ordered a Rav4 XLE Hybrid in September of 2022 and recently got a scheduled production date of February 2023 with probable delivery in March. So 7 months. Maybe I am just lucky.
Contacted my dealer this morning and was surprised to hear that my Rav4 XLE Hybrid is in production, with estimated delivery to dealer February 10 - 20. Silver Sky Metallic is the colour, in case that might be making a difference in the time it has taken for my order.

· Registered
2023 RAV4 XLE Hybrid
6 Posts
Contacted my dealer this morning and was surprised to hear that my Rav4 XLE Hybrid is in production, with estimated delivery to dealer February 10 - 20. Silver Sky Metallic is the colour, in case that might be making a difference in the time it has taken for my order.
I ordered the exact same vehicle May 19. Mine is also scheduled for delivery here in BC, next month!

1521 - 1540 of 1655 Posts