Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Canadian 2022 RAV4 Hybrids deliveries / allocations status

167444 Views 1654 Replies 161 Participants Last post by  rav4 frustration
Question for CANADIAN customers:

I know that a few 2022 RAV4 Hybrids have been delivered to a couple customers in the USA lately but what about CANADA (specifically in Quebec)?

Has anyone received his/hers 2022 RAV4 Hybrid yet? Has anyone got an allocation yet?

I've been waiting for my 2022 RAV4 Hybrid XLE since August 17 (5 months ago) and I'm starting to think I might not have it before summer... :(

Thanks for your replies!
Reactions: Cat_ned
1541 - 1560 of 1655 Posts

· Registered
2023 RAV4 XSE someday...hopefully
30 Posts
Contacted my dealer this morning and was surprised to hear that my Rav4 XLE Hybrid is in production, with estimated delivery to dealer February 10 - 20. Silver Sky Metallic is the colour, in case that might be making a difference in the time it has taken for my order.
I ordered the exact same vehicle May 19. Mine is also scheduled for delivery here in BC, next month!
Congrats to both of you. I ordered an XSE May 28th, 2022 and my sales person says maybe this fall. :(

· Registered
5 Posts
Placed my order for a Rav4 limited (white) October 2021 at Richmond Toyota (open road) here in BC. There is ZERO updates regarding a delivery date from them. Been a very frustrating process. Anyone here have better luck with this dealer?
Additionally curious on who here has ordered and received their Rav4 Hybrid Limited addition within the last year or so?

· Registered
2 Posts
With so many looking forward to the arrival of their 2023 RAV hybrids, I cannot help wondering about your apparent lack of concern regarding the cable corrosion issues! How do you reconcile your enthusiasm with the many reports of “cablegate” and the ridiculous cost of replacing said cable?

· Registered
2023 RAV4 LE Hybrid - coming soon
78 Posts
With so many looking forward to the arrival of their 2023 RAV hybrids, I cannot help wondering about your apparent lack of concern regarding the cable corrosion issues! How do you reconcile your enthusiasm with the many reports of “cablegate” and the ridiculous cost of replacing said cable?
i don't want to highjack this thread when there's another one dedicated to cablegate but yes, of course I am concerned. That thread proposes some mitigating measures, some of which I may take. Specifically, just spraying the connector with a corrosion inhibitor on an annual basis. Regular inspections is probably a good idea too. And while doing that, maybe taking a photo in case I need it later.

All cars have problems. Brining awareness to them is probably the best we can do. And hopefully the manufacturer will stand by their product.

· Registered
68 Posts
There is also a post or two in that cable thread about Toyota Canada extending the warranty on the cable to 8 years and 160K kilometres. So within that time frame, I would suppose that some kind of final solution would be found for the issue. Until then, the warranty would cover it. Here is one article on the subject. Cablegate: Toyota Extends Warranty on Select RAV4 Hybrid Models).

The only question mark is that the unofficial report says that the change is for 2019 - 2022 model years. I'm sure 2023 will be added sometime within the regular 3 year period of bumper to bumper warranty.

· Registered
8 Posts
It's a gamble that's for sure and we are all hoping Toyota will do the right thing and extend the warranty on the cable. That being said, a Rav 4 hybrid basically will not depreciate, 2020 Rav4 hybrid are selling for $5k to $10k over MSRP. if you're worried about the cable once the warranty expires, you can always sell it basically for what you initially paid for.

I read on another forum that Toyota allocation are marginally better this year compared to last year, their value will probably not drop in the foreseeable future.

· Registered
423 Posts
that's crazy! We got our 2023 Highlander Hybrid LE in 3 weeks, from deposit to delivery, in the States. It had just been allocated to a New York dealer, when I called. We put down a deposit, it was built a week later and delivered two weeks after that. Built in the US, sold for MSRP. Paid cash, no trade in.
This was in December 2022.. Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1541 - 1560 of 1655 Posts