Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Canadian 2022 RAV4 Hybrids deliveries / allocations status

167444 Views 1654 Replies 161 Participants Last post by  rav4 frustration
Question for CANADIAN customers:

I know that a few 2022 RAV4 Hybrids have been delivered to a couple customers in the USA lately but what about CANADA (specifically in Quebec)?

Has anyone received his/hers 2022 RAV4 Hybrid yet? Has anyone got an allocation yet?

I've been waiting for my 2022 RAV4 Hybrid XLE since August 17 (5 months ago) and I'm starting to think I might not have it before summer... :(

Thanks for your replies!
Reactions: Cat_ned
1561 - 1580 of 1655 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
and a bit underpowered. What is your impression?
Almost every review out there says the RAV4 is a bit underpowered. However, they all say pretty much exactly the same thing about vehicles in the same class by every other manufacturer (except of course for the few that offer turbo engine upgrade options). They all have similar engine size, HP, and 0-60 times. Let's face it, who doesn't want some spare HP in the glovebox for those special occasions, especially for people that review cars for a living. This seems to be the sweet spot most manufacturer's have set for performance vs fuel economy vs mass acceptance. Maybe it would have been nice for the RAV4 to get optioned with the turbo engine on its upscale brother the NX350, but when you have people begging to buy every car you make, why bother with the extra headache I suppose.

· Registered
13 Posts
Almost every review out there says the RAV4 is a bit underpowered. However, they all say pretty much exactly the same thing about vehicles in the same class by every other manufacturer (except of course for the few that offer turbo engine upgrade options). They all have similar engine size, HP, and 0-60 times. Let's face it, who doesn't want some spare HP in the glovebox for those special occasions, especially for people that review cars for a living. This seems to be the sweet spot most manufacturer's have set for performance vs fuel economy vs mass acceptance. Maybe it would have been nice for the RAV4 to get optioned with the turbo engine on its upscale brother the NX350, but when you have people begging to buy every car you make, why bother with the extra headache I suppose.
Are you talking about gas or hybrid? Most reviews say it’s adequate power for the hybrid.

· Registered
2022 LE
8 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer Friday saying they had been allocated a cavalry blue 2023 SE hybrid for early March and asking if I wanted to take it instead of waiting for our original order (pearl white SE ordered last April). He quoted me $45592 all in. Thinking of holding tight and waiting for the white SE - he couldn't tell me the timing for it but did tell me I was first on the list. He also mentioned it could be here as soon as April, they just don't get told what their allocation is until a month ahead of time...

· Registered
2022 Hybrid SE
165 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer Friday saying they had been allocated a cavalry blue 2023 SE hybrid for early March and asking if I wanted to take it instead of waiting for our original order (pearl white SE ordered last April). He quoted me $45592 all in. Thinking of holding tight and waiting for the white SE - he couldn't tell me the timing for it but did tell me I was first on the list. He also mentioned it could be here as soon as April, they just don't get told what their allocation is until a month ahead of time...
I would get blue 2023 without any thinking, but it's my personal opinion - I always flexible with colours if they are not dark.

· Registered
2022 LE
8 Posts
I would get blue 2023 without any thinking, but it's my personal opinion - I always flexible with colours if they are not dark.
I agree, but the wife thinks different! We have a 2022 Rav4LE we picked up last year so we’re not in any rush. Also a small part of me is hoping the one we have on order comes in much later in the year when there’s a chance the interest rates aren’t so high but that’s wishful thinking…

· Registered
31 Posts
I agree, but the wife thinks different! We have a 2022 Rav4LE we picked up last year so we’re not in any rush. Also a small part of me is hoping the one we have on order comes in much later in the year when there’s a chance the interest rates aren’t so high but that’s wishful thinking…
I'm of the opinion that if you don't mind waiting, you may as well get the color you/your wife want it in. You're spending a lot of money on it, make sure you guys enjoy every bit of the car.

Besides, it sounds like this year they will finally be easing the bottleneck, due to the economy and higher production forecasts, so I'm hoping we all get the cars we ordered soon.

· Registered
88 Posts
I'm of the opinion that if you don't mind waiting, you may as well get the color you/your wife want it in. You're spending a lot of money on it, make sure you guys enjoy every bit of the car.

Besides, it sounds like this year they will finally be easing the bottleneck, due to the economy and higher production forecasts, so I'm hoping we all get the cars we ordered soon.
My concern would be that they'll start increasing allocations to the US even more than it already is to ease the backlog there first, which means Canadians will have to wait even longer.

· Registered
2022 LE
8 Posts

I agree on both counts - I wouldn't be surprised if people are thinking twice about their orders based on the current interest rates...

· Registered
29 Posts
What? 45.6K for a SE in total?Are you in AB?My blue print XLE cost almost same at 44.5K with 2000 down payment.
I have to wait another two months for the delivery...I would take that SE offer without doubt.

· Registered
20 Posts
We recently updated our 2022 paperwork for 2023 and our dealer said Toyota has promised 50/50 hybrid/gas deliveries this year. Last year was 10/90. That said we’re almost at our 1 yr mark of waiting, and nothing promised yet. It sounds like some dealers only let customers know once the car is en route while others update throughout the whole process.

· Registered
25 Posts
We recently updated our 2022 paperwork for 2023 and our dealer said Toyota has promised 50/50 hybrid/gas deliveries this year. Last year was 10/90. That said we’re almost at our 1 yr mark of waiting, and nothing promised yet. It sounds like some dealers only let customers know once the car is en route while others update throughout the whole process.
Wow, that's unbelievable. Do you mean 50/50 of Rav4s, or 50/50 of all toyotas?

That would be wonderful, but i am skeptical.

Also, I wonder if that's world-wide, in North America, or in Canada. I'm in America, following this b/c wait times suck here too, so I hope it's 50/50 in North America.

· Registered
20 Posts
Wow, that's unbelievable. Do you mean 50/50 of Rav4s, or 50/50 of all toyotas?

That would be wonderful, but i am skeptical.

Also, I wonder if that's world-wide, in North America, or in Canada. I'm in America, following this b/c wait times suck here too, so I hope it's 50/50 in North America.
50% of their allocations for RAV4’s for 2023.

1561 - 1580 of 1655 Posts