Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has received a 2023 RAV4 PRIME in Canada yet, specifically in Ontario. How often are people calling their dealerships who are on a waiting list? I want to keep in touch with my dealership but also don’t want to be annoying. Is their a way to find out where the allocations are going for the PRIMEs that are shipped to Canada?

· Registered
2 Posts
Great question! I am planning on putting in an order in the next few days. I suspect that the wait lists may get shorter with the increase in interest rates. I am debating which dealer to go with here in the Ottawa area and am wondering if Toyota has preferences in allocation? For example, are the chances better with a larger dealer?

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great question! I am planning on putting in an order in the next few days. I suspect that the wait lists may get shorter with the increase in interest rates. I am debating which dealer to go with here in the Ottawa area and am wondering if Toyota has preferences in allocation? For example, are the chances better with a larger dealer?
If you go to EV Rebates Canada there is a spreadsheet online on ‘Statistics on the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles Program’. You can filter for RAV4 PRIME and Province and it will show all the RAV4 PRIMES that were sold per the dealership’s Postal Code. I went with a dealership that has received lots of PRIMES. I placed my order on October 30th, 2022 and the latest they said is that I should have my PRIME next month.

· Registered
368 Posts
I live on Vancouver Island. I ordered my Prime all dressed in APR20. Received it Mar21. XSE prime with everything. SSred. I spoke with the salesman at the dealership last month, and he said that they stopped taking orders. The estimated wait time for a rav4prime is roughly FIVE years. I hope it changes. They have only received 5 primes total. Mine was the first. I am sure that in a larger population base that you may have better luck, or maybe QC with a bigger rebate. Good luck hunting.

· Registered
28 Posts
If you go to EV Rebates Canada there is a spreadsheet online on ‘Statistics on the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles Program’. You can filter for RAV4 PRIME and Province and it will show all the RAV4 PRIMES that were sold per the dealership’s Postal Code. I went with a dealership that has received lots of PRIMES. I placed my order on October 30th, 2022 and the latest they said is that I should have my PRIME next month.
Great info. Thanx.
I did search for my dealership. When I order mine in Sep 2021 I was third in line for Prime. They got one in the end of Sep 21 then another one in Nov 21. It explains that I'm first in line for prime now. Only thing is they did not get any Primes since Nov 21. Nothing in 2022!!! I'm talking Alberta here. Quebec gets all whack of them I see!!!???

· Registered
2 Posts

Is it possible to post the link?? I am having a bit of trouble finding this spreadsheet.

· Registered
28 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I've had mine ordered since July 2021 and check in every couple months to see if the dealership has gotten any general updates on allocations and production forecasts. I'm first on the list at my local dealership in rural NL and have been holding out hope that Toyota would maybe try and allocate at least one model to every dealership. So far they had 2 in 2021 and 0 in 2022. I imagine I'll be waiting another year for sure.

Last time I looked into the reason why Quebec and BC gets so many allocations is because they have provincial laws that will fine OEMs if a percentage of all sales are not electric or hybrid vehicles. So Toyota sends more Primes to these provinces to avoid the fines. I'm not sure how buying from a different province plays into the federal and different provincial rebates but it might be worth a shot to put an order in at one of the high allocation postal codes a comment above suggests.

· Registered
105 Posts
Your best bet would be a Dealer over in QC. Then go by whichever has the best ratio between allocations and wait list size. Ontario got very few compared to QC.

· Registered
52 Posts
Beside allocation per province, there is the factor of which model of R4P is ordered to explain delivery time.

I had the discussion with my sales rep about wait delays and why they were not the same for everybody. The candid answer I got was that it depends of which model of R4P has been selected for two reasons: Demand and profit margins..

Wait time can be years on the more economical ones were there is the bulk of the demand, but less than one for a loaded one where the demand is low and profit margins are better. I got my XSE/tech 9 months after ordering it. A relative had a basic SE ordered and is still waiting after close to 2 years.

Toyota and dealers prefer to build and sell the models with better margins in short.

· Registered
12 Posts
After a 22 months waiting period, i will finally pick up my 2023 PRIME XSE tomorrow morning. To my knowledge, this is the second or third 2023 PRIME delivered by my local dealer. Getting a TAG tracking system next week.

· Registered
2 Posts
I know of at least 3 R4P’s that have arrived or arriving soon at the same dealership in the Halifax area. I put my order in for an XSE/tech Sept. 2021 and it will be arriving in a couple weeks as a 23 model. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing more R4P’s in Canada this year.
I expect this is at Oregans? I’m on the Oregans Dartmouth list so Hope these three apply to both dealerships.

· Registered
147 Posts
Has anyone else phoned around for better prices on extended platinum warranties. I have a line on one that looks promising, will know more 'certainly' on monday.
No where close to US deals but enough better than the stock price to make it worth your while. PM me on monday for details if interested.

· Registered
78 Posts
Hello,I just verbally agreed to purchase the 84/200 extended warranty with the first 6 maintenance included from Oregans for my new R4P that‘s supposed to arrive this week,the list price was $4939 and they took $300 off. If I could find it cheaper somewhere else for less money I would consider declining it at Oregans.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts