Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading about all the wonderful deals you Americans have been getting, but I was just wondering if any Canadian buyers have been able to get anything better than MSRP? With Toyota Canada's Access Pricing is it possible to even get a deal? Please let me know either way; and if you've managed a better price could you let me know how. Asking for a deal here in southern Alberta, well... :wall !

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yup. Just signed the deal on mine. $500 under MSRP, plus $500 off on a aftermarket DVD install.

You may want to check these guys out, they can get you a sweet no haggle deal on almost any vehicle. http://www.apa.ca/

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ringram67 said:
I've been reading about all the wonderful deals you Americans have been getting, but I was just wondering if any Canadian buyers have been able to get anything better than MSRP? With Toyota Canada's Access Pricing is it possible to even get a deal? Please let me know either way; and if you've managed a better price could you let me know how. Asking for a deal here in southern Alberta, well... :wall !
I didn't get anything for MSRP. I got all my accesories at cost. But I instead of getting money off the MSRP I got a really good trade-in value. Infact, way better than I should of. There was a 5K difference between what one dealer offered, and the one that gave me the rav4. That was the deal that we made when I made the purchase.

·
Registered
252 Posts
We paid full MSRP for our RAV. When I bought it, there was demand but not much supply, so the dealer didn't have to budge.

Also, I haven't seen ONE other 06 RAV on the road yet! People are buying them, but I don't see any. I live in the GTA and would have thought I'd see another by now.

But I do get a lot of stares wherever I go with it!

Ken

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went to APA and it basically worked out to be $1100 off MSRP for V6 Sport. You can then try to negotiate with this knowledge. See if you can talk to the sales manager directly or maybe even a fleet manager instead of the person on the showroom floor. This way you can bypass one level of compensation. Good luck!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the second mention of APA for a better deal. I went to their site, but they only seem to give deals in TO, Van, Mtl. and a few other large centres. But with knowing they exist I can at least try to negociate a better price. If I could get $1100 off a Sport I would consider it over a Base.That and the sales manager is my daughter's babysitters dad (neighbour)! Oh ya, and I ride with the service manager. That sould count for something, no? Thanks all for the advice. :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just picked up my Pacific Blue V6 Limited yesterday.

Got the dealer invoice from Car Cost Canada and saved $1600 off MSRP. CCC refers you to a specific dealership in order to get the discount. I took the dealer invoice to my dealership and got them to match the offer.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I too have checked into APA. The average price they offer is 5% over invoice.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My friend owns a rental fleet and gets pretty good pricing on new cars. I haven't asked him to look into it yet since I'm still deciding whether to order this year or next. But in the past he's bought Toyotas for other friends with significant discount over what dealerships would give.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I paid the Toyota Access price and I am glad that I did because at least I have exactly the model and colour that I wanted and I have it now. I got a follow-up call today from the salesman who sold me my V6 at the beginning of January for delivery two weeks ago. I asked him what he thought of the V6 compared to the I4 since he had not yet driven a V6 when I picked mine up. He replied that he still hadn't driven a V6 because every single one was pre-sold before it even arrived and he wouldn't feel right about driving a customers car. My understanding is that dealers in smaller places like Winnipeg almost never deviate from list price while dealers in the larger centres like Toronto and Vancouver often so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts