Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
rav4enous said:
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/06rav4.htm
Very good review! Very pleased by what he had to say and he wrote a very good summary.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was right on the money when I said that there will be 17" wheels and an 18" option. :lol: Can't believe it. Just stock replacement tire sizes for this thing will cost over $1000 in most places in North America. To Toyota I say YOUR [email protected]#$ING CRAZY!!!! Little Johnny won't be able to get braces now for sure if daddy buys a RAV.

This is suppose to appeal to a larger market? Yeah right.
The base of the base you may see alot of in some cities but the $38,000 V6 all decked out......(Tax included we are looking at over $45,000!!!!!) Can you say Mercedes back off lease? It would be cheaper and hey its a Benzo!! In that price range there are alot of good trucks out there. If you pay that money you're probably not as concerned about fuel millage anyway so this will not be your reason for buying it in the first place.

I'll test drive it but I think Toyota has priced themselves out of the segment they were in and entered a whole new realm here.

Like I said my next one will be a "back off lease"....Benzo M-Class, Highlander of some sort or a Sienna highway cruiser. When the time comes I'll still have my RAV which will be 9 years old so I can still come on here and complain.

Thanks. Later. M. :roll:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, way too much coin for a Rav. I bought a 4 year old Lexus Gs300 last year, for half what a new rav will cost , and it still turned more heads in this small town than any new Rav would. I got rid of my lexus and kept my 02 rav intending on trading it in on a new one when the xnow melted this spring. But I should have kept the Lexus and bought an older 4runner for the winter. I still would be ahead by much $$$$$.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"A manual locking switch allows a maximum torque split of 55/45 between front and rear wheels, and when locked, the system reverts to Auto mode when the speed reaches 40 km/h or the brakes are applied."

Don't know if I like the brakes turning off this system, can't really do any 4X4ing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts