Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian rav4 price?

I had a chance to test drive a 06 rav the other day (4 cyl 4x4) and was quite impressed with the vehicle. When it came time to talk numbers with the dealer here in Halifax NS they said they use Access Toyota pricing and there price is non noticeable. The price they had for it was 28700 Canadian which is the Canadian M.S.R.P. value. To me this is unacceptable :( . I am just wondering if any other Canadians out there are having similar issues with Access Toyota pricing.

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Why do you find it unacceptable? Would you feel better if they raised the MSRP a few thousand dollars just so they could come down to the real price? I suspect that this is exactly what most people want because it makes them feel like they got a deal even if they didn't.

It's the same fixed price story here in Winnipeg at all the Toyota and Honda dealers but I happen to like paying the same amount as everyone else. I only buy a new car every 5 years and I honestly don't think that I can outsmart a salesman who sells 1000 cars in the same 5 years. It is interesting that most people who buy a negotiated price car think that they paid less than everyone else. This just shows that the salesmen are really doing their job well. The Toyota dealers here so have a lot of leeway on how much they can pay for a trade-in so it pays to shop around if that is your situation.

The dealers are actually allowed to charge what they want and it is their decision to charge Access Toyota pricing, not Toyota Canada's. In the Toronto area dealers do a higher volume and the prices tend to be a bit lower. You can always buy one there and drive it home but I doubt it would be worth it. Another alternative is to buy one in the US and bring it back which probably would save quite a bit since the prices were set when our dollar was lower.

J

·
0 Posts
i pay my v6 limited for $36370.00 CND. the discount dealer gave me was half price for remote starter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
june said:
i pay my v6 limited for $36370.00 CND. the discount dealer gave me was half price for remote starter.
Which is pretty much MSRP. I've found that here in Canada the Toyota dealers don't play too much with the prices. In general every time I walk into the dealer, the best you could get is 300-500 off, and that is normally just for add-ons, like alarms, remote starters, etc. No big discounts and offers, like the american car dealers tend to offer. Maybe is because despite that they keep selling more and more each year.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Depends where you are in the country. In general, Access Toyota or not, you shouldn't expect much of a discount, if any, on a brand-new and guaranteed-to-be-hot-selling vehicle like the new RAV4.

Here in Ontario we don't have Access Toyota and dealers understand that they have to work with you on the price. Even so, if I walked into a dealership now I'd have to be prepared to pay close to MSRP on a RAV4 just because of the newness of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys. i was just trying to gather some info on what other people were paying in canada compaired to the deals people seem to be getting in the US.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Morton,
Enligth me, what exactly do you mean by "not having Access Toyota in Ontario". Isn't Access Toyota just a new name to the same old Toyota financing and pricing?
I checked the address for that and it just took me to the same Toyota Canada webpage, so I'm not sure what is this.
Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
I once offered by a dealer 1000 off the MSRP of a base 4x4. I just don't know if it is a good deal. Felt that there are still room to explore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts