Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just saw the canadian toyota website states they get drivers knee airbags.
I saw no mention of this on the american website.
I also seen the euro rav4 gets 9 airbags???
where did they put all those airbags :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
My Canadian 2006 Rav4, V6, Limited, option package B is supposed to be delivered with:
1. driver front airbag
2. passenger front airbag
3. diver knee
4. head/side curtain driver
5. head/side curtain passenger
6. head/side curtain back seat driver's side
7. head/side curtain back seat passenger side
8. front seat mounted side driver
9. front seat mounted side passenger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
After the stimulating thread on air bags this should get some interesting comments..

I still see John Spartan (Sylvester Stallone) in Demolition Man (circa 1993) when his police car crashes and the car is instantly filled with a foam that hardens and he has to be cut out of the car :egad:
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's funny. For the 06 model, Canadians weren't deserving of any side airbags, except on the most expensive model, and now they go overboard and start giving us airbags for individual body parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
summerwind said:
After the stimulating thread on air bags this should get some interesting comments..

I still see John Spartan (Sylvester Stallone) in Demolition Man (circa 1993) when his police car crashes and the car is instantly filled with a foam that hardens and he has to be cut out of the car :egad:
I remember that movie lol. After reading that airbag thread, I am sure some people on this site would buy a car with form safety device. According to some people, every car should have at least 12 airbags and one can never be safe enough. Hummm, I wonder why those people are not driving Volvos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,223 Posts
The G Man said:
According to some people, every car should have at least 12 airbags and one can never be safe enough. Hummm, I wonder why those people are not driving Volvos.
And then there are the people who think once you have a certain level of safety there's no point in having more. Hummm, I wonder why those people are not driving '79 Pintos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,825 Posts
hummmm..... :idea: .....since ford owns volvo maybe theyll let them use the pinto name......wow that would be cool........the safest pinto ever and then actualy be able to reclaim the name...... :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
A safe pinto, that is funny. Ford has already ruined the Jaguar name, now they are working on ruining Volvo's. I like to be in a safe car as much as the next guys, but a knee airabg is a little too much for me, but I guess there is a market for everything.
Airbags does help in accidents, but safe driving habits and a car's structure is more important. You can put 12 airbags in a pinto and it would still be a unsafe car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,825 Posts
i want an airbag for my nuts.........thats should be the most important peice of safety equipment........toyota i hope your reading........ :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
rav4ForMe said:
All 9 airbags described above seem to be marked except the drivers knee airbag. Does anyone know if its really there?
After posting this message I went looking for the knee airbag and couldn't find it. I called Toyota who said not to worry because it is there. Last week I went for my first service and asked them to confirm that I had one. They said no...they wrote that on my service bill.

So I'm wondering what to do next. Should I call Toyota back and complain (its in the specs of the sales brochure I have) or should I "faget 'bout it".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,348 Posts
if ya read the fine print on the brochure you will see that it states that specs are subject to change without notice.. Thats what they are gonna tell ya..


rav4ForMe said:
rav4ForMe said:
All 9 airbags described above seem to be marked except the drivers knee airbag. Does anyone know if its really there?
After posting this message I went looking for the knee airbag and couldn't find it. I called Toyota who said not to worry because it is there. Last week I went for my first service and asked them to confirm that I had one. They said no...they wrote that on my service bill.

So I'm wondering what to do next. Should I call Toyota back and complain (its in the specs of the sales brochure I have) or should I "faget 'bout it".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,223 Posts
Yes, the brochure has text that covers Toyota's butt. I don't think this airbag ever existed at all. The only place "knee airbag" shows up is in the 2006 brochure in the specs for the V6 Limited premium package, which is what I have and it doesn't have this airbag as far as I can tell. The mention of it is gone from the 2007 brochure and it's not mentioned in the 2006 or 2007 manual or in the 2007 New Car Features document.

A knee airbag is available in overseas models. Maybe Toyota Canada intended to offer it here at one point (the 2006 brochures were printed well before the V6 model was even on sale) and then changed their minds.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The G Man said:
A safe pinto, that is funny. Ford has already ruined the Jaguar name, now they are working on ruining Volvo's. I like to be in a safe car as much as the next guys, but a knee airabg is a little too much for me, but I guess there is a market for everything.
I can understand the feeling of overkill, but yes, there is a market for everything. An old roommate of mine lost her sports scholarship, a year from school, and was forced to transfer from the university of her choice after getting her knee (badly) mangled in a car accident. Not saying the knee airbag would have saved her, but it probably would have minimized the overall damage. Bet she thinks it woulda been a pretty good safety feature. On the other side, yeah, she probably would have flipped at the thought of cabin filling foam (I saw that movie a dozen times but dont remember that scene *shrug*). While mangled, she still had common sense. :D
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Perhaps the added safey of all these airbags is off set by the cavalier attitude of drivers who falsely believe that their airbags will save their bacon under all circumstanses and so drive just a little further beyond their abillities. Perhaps the Oil Burners patented safety device should be fitted instead, I have always believed that nothing focuses the mind on driving defensively better than a 12 inch steel spike fastened to the centre of the steering wheel......Now thats a real incentive to drive safely :lol:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top