Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had homelink mirror (gentex) installed by dealer on 2016 Rav4 equipped with that radar device. The mirror presses against the radar cover and I cannot adjust it to where I can see out the back unless I move my head near the center of the vehicle. Dealer says they are contacting gentex to see if a longer mount is available.

Anyone have this crash detect system with the homelink mirror? I have put up with this for a week and have not heard back from dealer. Anyone else have this problem?

TIA

·
Super Moderator
11,585 Posts
Talk about unsafe! I would have the dealer put the original mirror back on until they have an answer. If no extension for the Gentex then get a refund.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,135 Posts
That should have a double-jointed pillar its mounted on, and you'd just need to pull it up and away from the housing to give it room for adjustment.

·
Registered
1999 R1100RT, 2016 Rav4 SE AWD
12 Posts
That should have a double-jointed pillar its mounted on, and you'd just need to pull it up and away from the housing to give it room for adjustment.
Yes but still does not work. Not enough clearance. It is even worse when pulled up and out. I am 5' 10" and it is not possible to view through the rear unless I move my head a few inches to the right which is impactable. The mechanic who installed it was unable to adjust it and suggested removing the case. Been 4 years, possibly they have an updated mirror bracket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts