Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Cant find Coolant leak

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  eodgator 
#1 ·
Just looking for other ideas. Keep getting a wet circle of antifreeze not a puddle but it's all over my pass side cv joint I see very little on front of engine by timing cover. Not heater core lines. Had engine rebuilt that's a whole other story... can't take it back to them. I'm assuming gasket but I'd had water pump and timing belt done to. After driving I can stand there for an hour with no puddle but in morning or after work there it is. It uses the overflow tank in about a week. Thanks

#3 ·
Most likely a defective water pump or there is an expansion/freeze plug just under the camshaft seal, it could be there.

It might be one of the bypass hoses that go from the water pump to the oil cooler but that should leak to the front of the engine just to the right (looking at it) of the oil filter.

#4 ·
There was a drip hanging here this morning. And all wet were the circle is (cv shafts area) only thing is water pump is on other side I got $5000 into a rebuilt engine that burns a quart of oil every 1000 miles so not wanting to throw anymore money into it.. thinking some stop a leak? Got screwed by the shop got kicked out and cops called because I didn't want to pay that price since was far more than quoted. They even wanted $1200 more than that!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.