Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two and a half weeks ago I put down my $1,000 deposit on a loaded 4cyl. limited with leather. So far, my dealer hasn't been able to "preference" one from Toyota. Apparently, Toyota isn't sending them the cars they are requesting. They are now looking into doing a dealer trade. Already have a buyer for my present car and a blank check from the financing company. I have another three weeks or so before my locked in rate will no longer be valid. I'm starting to feel kind of anxious.

I swore to myself, after waiting seven months for my PT Cruiser back in 2000 (remember when they were the hottest thing going?) that I wouldn't wait a long time for a car again. At least I made the dealer write on the contract that after 5 weeks, I could have my money back. Maybe by then, Fitzmall down in Maryland will have some in stock (I bought my Sienna XLE Limited there last year). I feel like I am on the outside of a party and looking in!

Anyway, just had to vent. Anybody else having trouble finding a Limited with leather?

·
Registered
229 Posts
YEP!.. Still waiting for mine.. They had to order it.. :(

6-8 WEEKS.. And I already sold my car.. heh.. UGH..

I feel ya monetnj!...

Hang in there.. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
All is not lost... Remember that you can get aftermarket leather for about a $1000... Katzkin (thanks Becky! :D ) makes some beautiful leather for the RAV and most likely almost every other vehicle out there you can think of. Comes with a 3-year warranty!

See my posted photos and PM me if want to see larger versions or want more pictures.

If the aftermarket route is not for you, keep searching other dealers' inventories and go out of state if you need to. I have seen Limited with leather in my area, it just didn't come packaged with the colors and options I was looking for.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Limited with leather is a problem getting. Talk to the dealer today and he is going to put the heated seats and leather in a Limited V6 for me. Same leather and same warranty.

He said there are very few cars on the boat with leather for whatever reason. (I'm getting the Barcelona Red).

I origionally was not going to accept the dealer installing leather but I have been waiting 2 weeks and there is still no vehicle in site. I will be going to the mountains and do not want to take our CRV (trade in vehicle) because it can't handle it and I don't want something to happen to my trade.

karrock got aftermarket leather and it looks great. I don't want to be bothered going somewhere else and my better half is nervous about the whole leather thing as it is. She feels better letting the dealer do it in case there is a problem.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Early Jan when we got ours I seen a lot of Limiteds with leather. We almost bought a Blizzard while Limited with leather In south Jersey in fact.. But we liked the red better. At my dealer I have seen a red, a white and a blue with leather.. But now?? Not so many..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts