Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid XSE
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never noticed this before, but if I raise the sunroof for ventilation (2021 Hybrid XSE) and try to lock the vehicle using the door handle, I get a continuous beep and the door will not lock. It will lock using the fob however.
Is this by design or... Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't know

but I do know it's time for my Steve Miller binge once again
----

this is probably a setting in techstream or in your customer accessible vehicle options in the screen to allow it

dealers can do a number of changes to lock/unlock behavior in techstream menu, this might be one of them

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,539 Posts
I never noticed this before, but if I raise the sunroof for ventilation (2021 Hybrid XSE) and try to lock the vehicle using the door handle, I get a continuous beep and the door will not lock. It will lock using the fob however.
Is this by design or... Anyone else experience this?
The CarTrimHome folding outside mirror system includes and unadvertised "feature" that closes the windows and sunroof when you lock the car by any means -- door handle, fob, etc. There are times I want to leave the window open some on hot days, but have not figured out how to defeat this yet.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid XSE
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, this must be it in pgs. 129-130 of the manual.
I just can't believe this is the first time I've run into it.

Product Font Screenshot Number Document

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid XSE
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Odd that you can override it and lock it with the sunroof raised using the fob :unsure:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts