Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great to find like minded people, I've had my rav for a couple years now but haven't done many modification due to studying full time, even now working full time money isn't growing on trees because of having a mortgage, but maybe I should stop buying so many surfboards..
Only modification to date is a cargo rack on the roof with some maxtrax that have come in handy when getting stuck in the sand on the surf trips.
The rack makes a big difference by being able to put the boards on side and tying down all the camping gear into the other side.
PLANs........
King springs lift 30mm
bigger tyres and maybe some sunraysia wheels
wheel spacer to increase track width
nudge bar to mount some lights
and some lights on the roof to help with camping setup (maybe even an annex??)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So changed the driving lights into fog lights today.
Local auto store doesn't stock any yellow bulbs suitable for my Rav so instead picked up some yellow vinyl.
Found it a bit difficult to remove the actual light so attempted to apply it whilst intact. Couple light airbubbles but nothing that will affect how it looks at night.
Measured the light and made a template and cut out the vinyl, small amount of water and a bit of hearing with a hair dryer, ended up with three layers until I got the yellow I was after.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to the forum! good luck on your mod plans. i suggest you make a build thread to show the progress of your mods

1 - 4 of 4 Posts