Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just noticed that one of those 1x2 inch or so caps on the front bumper fell off. There are two. One on the left and one on the right, just in from the fog lamps. They are apparently not very "tight". I checked the other one and it wiggles.
So, I called the dealer. He said it's a $16 dollar part....fine. BUT he said it might just be primed. What do you guys recommend to match the color?
Touch up paint? Body shop? (too expensive). Any advice would be great.
By the way the parts guy said it was for attaching a hitch to tow the vehicle...hmmm.

Norbert

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
My opinion... INSIST the dealer cover this under WARRANTY :evil: You should NOT have to put up with this on a NEW vehicle. :roll:

I think these plugs come already painted... not just primered... but I'm not positve :?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its tow hook cover, it either fell off after they didnt put it on properly after shipping or someone took it...

it is very easy to snap in/out

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I hadn't thought of that. I'm going to insist that they take care of it under warranty. I guess it's just as if I was driving along, and one of the tailights fells off, or a handle falling off etc.

Thanks,
Norbert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts