Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the freeway driving really fast had to take my baby daughter to the er was having trouble breathing. Then the car just turns off I didn't know it was off until I try to give it more gas then looked at my dash all the lights were on (check engine, oil, battery, etc.) No sound it turned off silently. I just changed my oil a couple of days before this happened still has oil in the engine . I replaced the battery and alternator a month ago.i tryed starting it nothing thought it was the starter but that's fine I tryed turning over the engine manually and it won't turn over. I thought it would be a seized engine but I have plenty of oil. Any ideas? I can try so I don't have to buy another engine. Thanks

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I guess you got your daughter to the hospital.

Where is the car now?

So the engine does not crank. I am confused by the word "manually" in your description. How does that differ from how you ordinarily start? Have you tried putting the RAV4 into neutral and then try cranking?

I think you need to have a mechanic come to you or you need to get the car towed to a mechanic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes my daughter made it she is fine now. We tryed to crank it won't budge. I'm gonna have a mechanic look at later this week.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Way too little information here....no mention of year...motor....miles.....was this thing out of gas?....when you turn the key does the motor turn over but not start? Do you only get a clicking sound when turning the key to try and start it?.....when I turn a motor over by hand I put a socket on the crank pulley and use a ratchet to manually turn the motor...if it won't turn by hand that is a pretty good indicator of it being seized...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts