Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can help! I had my windshield replaced while at work yesterday. The technician worked on the car and locked it from the inside and left. When I tried to start the car in the evening, it would not start:

The brake pedal is hard to push down. In the past, this has happened when the car was locked from starting if the car was not in Park. But the car is in park.
The dash lights all come on.
The start engine button is GREEN when I push on the pedal, but flashes when I press it
When I press the start button, the car doors lock, but the car does not start -- no sound of a starter. Nothing.
The key fob works fine: I can lock and unlock the car.

Anyone have advice before I have it towed?

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
What year and trim is your RAV4?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a 2011 Limited V6.

I just read somewhere that this set of things can happen if the steering wheel is locked. Perhaps the technician pulled on the steering wheel while working on it. I'm going to try moving it to unlock and see if it will start. I have to get a ride back to work in an hour to try fixing this myself before I call AAA.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
When I press the start button, the car doors lock, but the car does not start
To the best of my knowledge the doors are not supposed to lock when the start button is pressed.

If you have an aftermarket thing in the OBD-2 port, then remove it and try again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Same thing happened to me last night. Situation resolved itself. Good to now have an explanation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts