Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm sad for you because you're wasting time and money on this... trying to change any piece you're thinking about. Any good tech is supposed to resolve this problem in a few hours. The 3 base elements that are needed to make an engine running are compression, fuel and spark. If one is missing, it will never fire. A good tech will print the complete engine wiring diagram, and check every power/ground at each ECU pins and sensors. With a good code reader; he will also see every sensors' data in real time and see if something is wrong.

I hope this problem will get resolved soon!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm sad for you because you're wasting time and money on this... trying to change any piece you're thinking about. Any good tech is supposed to resolve this problem in a few hours. The 3 base elements that are needed to make an engine running are compression, fuel and spark. If one is missing, it will never fire. A good tech will print the complete engine wiring diagram, and check every power/ground at each ECU pins and sensors. With a good code reader; he will also see every sensors' data in real time and see if something is wrong.

I hope this problem will get resolved soon!
Its not giving any codes or data I know its getting spark and air just no fuel

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Rats can eat through wires and give you a no start issue that Toyota can't find the reason for.
I dont think u can druve 4000 miles after and then have that problem but I still have been checking I think bad gas is the problem

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah sadly I have zero codes I am gonna do the pressure check after if I can it doesn't really give me any way to check it no pressure release valve so when I get the fuel injectors off I will use a air compressor to blow through the tubes to make sure they are clean before I plug in the new injectors I had all timing checked at Toyota dealership bud sadly I can not trust those idiots to do anything so if vehicle does not start after I install new injectors I will take car to nashville to better mechanic for a $400 dollar diagnostic from a reputable place

One way of getting a clue about the fuel delivery without proper equipment is to simply unbolt the fuel rail with the injectors still on, put a big piece of cardboard or paper under it, then have someone crank the engine while you look for a even spray from all the injectors. But remember it is very flammable so no smoking while doing this. :LOL:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think you should focus more on having a reputable mechanic for your car. It will help you a lot in fixing your car's issue.
I found a good place that was already able to get some codes Toyota stealership couldn't or didn't do that

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The Good mechanic found out it was a bad solenoid in my transmission went out ordered parts off of ebay for 90 bucks 5 piece kit might as well replace them all right

21 - 29 of 29 Posts