Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a lot of these threads but I'm looking in Canada for a cost effective cargo liner and possibly front floor liners. Weather techs are great, but close to $400 for chunks of rubber is hard to swallow. Especially now with a newborn. But it's the muddy wet stroller in winter etc. going in and out of the back that makes me want one.

I don't need a super high end high lipped liner. Just something basic. Does anyone have any suggestions other than weathertech, husky or oem? All are great but may be cost prohibitive right now.

Edit: probably should have just put this in interior section. Figured since I'm looking for a hybrid cargo liner I'd post here but I'd imagine any liner will fit with the cargo floor placed on the shelf of the hump.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I know there's a lot of these threads but I'm looking in Canada for a cost effective cargo liner and possibly front floor liners. Weather techs are great, but close to $400 for chunks of rubber is hard to swallow. Especially now with a newborn. But it's the muddy wet stroller in winter etc. going in and out of the back that makes me want one.

I don't need a super high end high lipped liner. Just something basic. Does anyone have any suggestions other than weathertech, husky or oem? All are great but may be cost prohibitive right now.

Edit: probably should have just put this in interior section. Figured since I'm looking for a hybrid cargo liner I'd post here but I'd imagine any liner will fit with the cargo floor placed on the shelf of the hump.
I bought 3D Maxpiders - you can order them on Costco.ca. If you're not a Costco member, then try: www.partsengine.ca

As for the cargo, I ordered the Toyota factory one off Amazon as was recommended in this forum.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought 3D Maxpiders - you can order them on Costco.ca. If you're not a Costco member, then try: www.partsengine.ca

As for the cargo, I ordered the Toyota factory one off Amazon as was recommended in this forum.
Those look great actually. Thanks! Wish I could find the cargo liner.

Just ordered the maxpider front mats and the weathertech cargo liner from partsengine. Didn't save as much as I wanted due to the weathertech bring so expensive but definitely a savings from all weathertech. Plus, those maxpider mats look cool!

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you want something really cheap...go to Costco Canada and get the rubber thingy that is made for a b b q!! It does not have a ridge around the edges to stop leaks from draining, but it protects from mud etc getting onto the rug of the cargo area. Used it in my VW Golf TDI wagon (which is now parked waiting for VW to buy it back). Works fine in my new 2017 Hybrid....even though a bit odd with that "bump" for battery in cargo area. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Those look great actually. Thanks! Wish I could find the cargo liner.

Just ordered the maxpider front mats and the weathertech cargo liner from partsengine. Didn't save as much as I wanted due to the weathertech bring so expensive but definitely a savings from all weathertech. Plus, those maxpider mats look cool!
Finally, I think I will get the WeatherTech floor mat (front and rear), and Toyota OEM cargo liner for RAV4 Hybrid.

2017 Toyota RAV4 | WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt | WeatherTech.ca

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Finally, I think I will get the WeatherTech floor mat (front and rear), and Toyota OEM cargo liner for RAV4 Hybrid.
Try flipping the stock cargo area mat upside-down until you find what you really need. It has worked for me for five years.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Be aware that the WT driver's side only covers about half way up the dead pedal rubber pad, the OEM All Weather cover most of the dead pedal, well above the rubber pad. I've had the WT in several previous vehicles including the 2006 Rav4 V6, the OEM All Weather are better in my opinion, much better than any previous OEM liner I've used. There are some good pics of the floor and cargo liners in this discussion.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/109-4-4-electric-rav4-hybrid-ev/208473-hybrid-car-mats-same-dimensions-non-hybrid-variants.html#post2034650

·
Registered
216 Posts
Be aware that the WT driver's side only covers about half way up the dead pedal rubber pad, the OEM All Weather cover most of the dead pedal, well above the rubber pad. I've had the WT in several previous vehicles including the 2006 Rav4 V6, the OEM All Weather are better in my opinion, much better than any previous OEM liner I've used. There are some good pics of the floor and cargo liners in this discussion.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/109-4-4-electric-rav4-hybrid-ev/208473-hybrid-car-mats-same-dimensions-non-hybrid-variants.html#post2034650
Weathertech floor mat seems to protect higher than OEM and that's what interesting IMO. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Weathertech floor mat seems to protect higher than OEM and that's what interesting IMO. What do you think?

As I stated before, I like the OEM All weather better, they fit the sides better even tho they may not be quite as high, they're still plenty high, I get water and sand in the liners off my felt soles when salmon and steelhead fishing getting in and out of the car between fishing spots, never a problem. In my '06 4.3 there was a gap between the side of the foot well and the side of the liner, it was a bit too high IMO, I was always catching it with my foot getting in or out. Dunno if the 4.4 WT liners are as bad, but I've had no problems with the OEM AW liner in 16 months of use. I had Aries Styleguard (similar if not identical to Costco Maxpider) in the '15 Ltd, they were nicer than WT as well, I still use them in the front when I wash the OEM AW liners, I just swap em out until they dry.

·
Registered
216 Posts
As I stated before, I like the OEM All weather better, they fit the sides better even tho they may not be quite as high, they're still plenty high, I get water and sand in the liners off my felt soles when salmon and steelhead fishing getting in and out of the car between fishing spots, never a problem. In my '06 4.3 there was a gap between the side of the foot well and the side of the liner, it was a bit too high IMO, I was always catching it with my foot getting in or out. Dunno if the 4.4 WT liners are as bad, but I've had no problems with the OEM AW liner in 16 months of use. I had Aries Styleguard (similar if not identical to Costco Maxpider) in the '15 Ltd, they were nicer than WT as well, I still use them in the front when I wash the OEM AW liners, I just swap em out until they dry.
You got me, I cancelled my WT order and I'll get the OEM instead. WT is more expansive anyway so with your comment, it almost makes no sense to go with WT. Thanks for your comments!

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Mine has never fallen off, in fact it takes a good pull to remove the seat back covers. I didn't use the "interface" pieces that came attached to the cover, they didn't hold it worth beans, removed them and attached it directly to the seatback. There were no instructions, so did what worked.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I really like my Canvasback cargo liner (https://www.canvasback.com/). It's not the cheapest out there but it's super tough. Also, since it's a flexible heavy duty fabric rather than a rigid rubber piece, it's easy to lift up just the edge to get at the storage compartments under the cargo area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the 3 piece winterToyota one from dealer ,talked him down to $150. Then bought a 4x5 black carpet from Home depot for $30. and cut it to fit for a cargo liner .
Works for me ,couldn't justify the big bucks for WT.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I really like my Canvasback cargo liner (https://www.canvasback.com/). It's not the cheapest out there but it's super tough. Also, since it's a flexible heavy duty fabric rather than a rigid rubber piece, it's easy to lift up just the edge to get at the storage compartments under the cargo area.

I've used the Husky CL in my '06 4.3 V6 for 9yrs, and in the '15 Ltd and '16HV as well as the Weathertech CL, never had a problem accessing either storage compartment, they're light and flexible enough to allow lifting either deck board. Plus they catch and hold spills, something the Canvasback doesn't appear to do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts