Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
In the rear cargo area, over the wheel wells, there is a molded interior panel on each side. Each of these panels has an insert that has a small molded in rectangular pocket and a small round cup holder looking place for storing items.

Is this insert removable from the interior panel? I reached inside the access panel just behind this area, and it feels like there is a plastic clip that is part of the insert or the panel. It is not possible to see it, just feel it, and I can't decipher how to manipulate it in order to remove the insert.

I'd like to stuff some foam behind this panel to cut down on tire noise, and replace the insert, but I also don't want to tear it up trying to remove it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, never mind. I stuck my phone in the access panel and took a picture. There is a screw that looks like it secures the insert to the interior panel, and it is located so close to the wheel well it would not be possible to remove it while the interior panel is installed, even with a shorty screw driver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.