Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between a cargo liner and cargo tray? I want to spec a non-skid cargo mat that can replace the carpet type one but don't know which one is which. I've attached pictures of both here (see album).

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've a cargo tray. It has a taller lip around. Will see If I get time to take some pictures of the vehicle this week. Have been through pretty rough weeks lately.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The picture of the cargo tray on the toyota site show no lip whatsoever. I think the liner has the lip, the tray is just a piece of flat rubber/plastic material.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I think Puttputt's explanation is best, although some manufacturers and distributors tend to use the terms interchangeably.

I have a gray Husky cargo liner that was ordered from Performance Products. It has something like a 3" lip and the rubber/plastic is molded to look like fake diamond plate.

I've found that no matter what the cargo mat/liner is made out of, even if it's called "non-skid" material, things will always move around unless they are tied down.

·
Registered
150 Posts
http://www.toyota.com/rav4/accessories.html

Go here and check out the picture of the tray. It doesn't look like it has much of a lip on it to me. So if the original question is about what TOYOTA calls a tray vs. a liner, I'd go off what the pix show.

BTW, I notice that the cargo liner is no longer even listed on the toyota site.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Okay, I think I understand why there's confusion about lip or no lip. The pictures are pretty dark to really tell where the tray/liner ends and where the cargo area starts.

Even after I blew up the cargo tray pic from Ken's album and drew arrow as to where I think the back part of the tray ends, I still can't be sure if the back part of the cargo tray is higher than the liner. I couldn't tell from the cargo liner pic if it's got the same lip or not since it blurs quite a bit blown up. What I can tell is that the sides of the tray is higher and one has both horizontal and vertical grooves and one only has vertical.

http://rav4world.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=1051

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I asked the dealer and he does not know either. He told me it's the same thing! Kinda scarry to think that members here know more about the product than the car sales people. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts