Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a cargo liner that covers the entire cargo area with the back seats removed? I'm gonna be doing a fair amount of work with the Rav4 with the seats out, and it sure would be great to have the entire cargo area protected.

Thanks!

P

·
0 Posts
Plywood Floor

I've removed my rear seats and have given a lot of though of putting in a plywood sub floor, covered with matching gray carpet. This would level out the entire rear area and give it a custom '70's conversion van' type of look. It could clip into the rear seat mounts for stability.

Has anyone done this or heard of this before?

I have not seen any carpets that cover the entire area.

·
Registered
147 Posts
qascooter said:
Anybody have a cargo liner that covers the entire cargo area with the back seats removed? I'm gonna be doing a fair amount of work with the RAV4 with the seats out, and it sure would be great to have the entire cargo area protected.

Thanks!
Just a thought, have you thought about picking up a cargo liner for a compact pick-up? A little trimming and you might be able to make it work.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I have my seats removed too and it would be great to have a liner with edges.

My first suggestion would be to buy a sheet of anti slip polymer they use under office chairs for carpet areas and cut it to size... Where the floor recess is you can easily custom make some filler from compressed Styrofoam. This would all be pretty light weight.

If you are really handy then you can actually build a wood negative box with edges (side walls) and fit it into the rear . Then go to a plastic vacume molding shop and have it made with Lexan. This will cost more but it will be much better. If you are interested in this way i can make you a drawing with some more details.
If they don't sell one i think i might make one. I carry some nasty liquids like gas and always have to make sure there in a large plastic box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts