Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I searched the forums and couldn't find a discussion of this, so I figured I'd add in my experience in case anyone wasn't aware of this feature.

Apparently, there is built-in storage for the cargo net and tonneau cover. I know lots of people have strong feelings (mostly of hate) for these items. You can stow them!!

On the models without a third-row, on either side of the under-floor storage in the cargo area, there is a small plastic piece that looks like it's there to fill in the space between the wheel well and the back door. Well, you can pop off those plastic pieces (which are actually covers for an extension of the storage compartment), and you will see that there are three indentations on the lateral wall of the cargo area (two round and one rectangular). These indentations correspond to the 2 poles of the cargo net, and the tonneau cover. With a little maneuvering (and messing with the flaps of the tonneau cover), you can get both of these items stowed along the width of the cargo area, beneath the floor panel, and still have access (albeit slightly awkward) to the beneath-floor storage.

So you can have your poles out of the way when you don't need them around, and easily accessable for when you do want them!

--DT

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Umm, that info is on page 266-267 of the owner's manual, with pics. :wink:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quickdtoo said:
Umm, that info is on page 266-267 of the owner's manual, with pics. :wink:
I only got to page 126...nah, I didn't even get that far. I use the manual pretty much as a reference when I can't figure something out. At least give me points for figuring it out on my own!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts