Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a silly question, but the cargo net in the back does not appear to be moveable, what is it meant to hold? It's pretty narrow.

I found a picture online to describe what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
This is probably a silly question, but the cargo net in the back does not appear to be moveable, what is it meant to hold? It's pretty narrow.

I found a picture online to describe what I'm talking about.

Thanks.
kaa...not silly! If you'll notice those aluminum rods are resting in holes on each side. There are several more holes the same size along each side. The ends of each rod are spring-loaded, push the rod to either side and remove the opposite side from its hole. You can then place it in any other hole depending on the configuration you want. You can also remove the rods and net completely if you need to carry something big back there.
By the way, the pull-out cargo cover works the same way, including removing it.:smile

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kaa...not silly! If you'll notice those aluminum rods are resting in holes on each side. There are several more holes the same size along each side. The ends of each rod are spring-loaded, push the rod to either side and remove the opposite side from its hole. You can then place it in any other hole depending on the configuration you want. You can also remove the rods and net completely if you need to carry something big back there.
By the way, the pull-out cargo cover works the same way, including removing it.:smile

Thank you! I looked for more of the grooves or holes, but did not see them. This is totally worth a closer inspection!!

Thank you again, it's been bothering me for weeks. :laugh

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
also if you rotate one of the cargo net rods you can make the net not hang as low...also if you want to store it out of the way lift up the floor cargo cover and then pop out the two rear corner pieces...you can place the rolled up net in there so it stays out of the way...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also if you rotate one of the cargo net rods you can make the net not hang as low...also if you want to store it out of the way lift up the floor cargo cover and then pop out the two rear corner pieces...you can place the rolled up net in there so it stays out of the way...

Awesome, thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yep...if you have any more questions just ask...
So, can you use the net and the pull-out cargo cover at the same time? Will they both store together under the 'floor'?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Thank you! I looked for more of the grooves or holes, but did not see them. This is totally worth a closer inspection!!

Thank you again, it's been bothering me for weeks. :laugh
Don't know what year Rav you have, but mine is a 2010. Besides the two holes that are being used in your pic, there are two more....they are just inside the back door. One at the same level as pictured and one down by the floor. So you could have the net as shown, or flat across the top of the cargo area, or mounted vertically just inside the door. Handy for pets perhaps? We keep the net as shown in your pic and use it for grocery bags. Keeps cans etc from rolling around on the floor.
Also, the spring loaded ends are only on one side of the alum bars, not both. The "window shade" cargo cover has springs on both ends, I guess to make it easier to remove. My Rav is a three-row, so I don't have the storage compartments back there.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
So, can you use the net and the pull-out cargo cover at the same time? Will they both store together under the 'floor'?
you can use them both at the same time since the cargo cover sits a little higher than the net...i do not know if they will store together...one way to find out...

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,894 Posts
Yes, you can store both the net and tonneau cover in the lower compartment. The net can be placed in basically 4 different configurations, narrow hammock in the front, narrow hammock in back, wide hammock in the middle, or vertical net at the back. The latter configuration would be good if you were carrying a bunch of soccer balls or basketballs that you didn't want to roll out when the door was opened.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Don't know what year Rav you have, but mine is a 2010. Besides the two holes that are being used in your pic, there are two more....they are just inside the back door. One at the same level as pictured and one down by the floor.
Good reminder for all of us. That's designed for a pet barrier, but using it for a net is a cool idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts