Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for what accessory will keep grocery bags from rolling around back and falling all over the place?

I saw a previous thread endorsing the hammock style net. How do you store it (on Limited hybrid if that makes a difference) when not in use given stiff rods? Any recommendations on where to get it? Ones on ebay don't seem to be compatible with 2016 hybrid.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Thanks for suggestion although I already know what will happen. Kids will be fighting about bags in front of them even though there's plenty of space.

My other concerns would be the hooks eventually digging into faux leather and/or cheapo plastic grocery bags ripping depending on what was inside (i.e. watermelon).

Hooks will work front or back, I've been using them for 18 months on softex seats front and back on the wife's Prius, and both my 2015 and 2016 Hybrid, they work great, should work for any small melon that will fit in a bag, my wife loads up her reusable bags to the point she asks me to unload her Prius for me, they're usually heavy when she asks. :serious

I only buy Hermiston watermelons that are usually 12-20lbs, so they go on the floor in the second row or on the spare tire with the deck lifted, then they can't roll around. A 20lb propane bottle goes there too if I only have one at a time.

I've had the hammock since 2006, used it little since.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/221617-trunk-organizer.html#post2066601

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your thoughts. I guess something to think about.

Does the hammock from 2006 fit the 2016 too? I didn't even know that existed until today after coming back from grocery store. I have a cargo net on the minivan which worked find for this purpose

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts. I guess something to think about.

Does the hammock from 2006 fit the 2016 too? I didn't even know that existed until today after coming back from grocery store. I have a cargo net on the minivan which worked find for this purpose

Yes, got it with my 2006 V6, fit my 2015 and the 2016. There's a cargo net too, mine looks like the one on amazon and the Toyota build site.

http://www.toyota.com/config/pub/st...7f39132555a5a9_RAV4_2016_CargoHammock_D_A.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyo...754&sr=1-1&keywords=toyota+rav4+cargo+hammock

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Do you use these? Wondered how they pressed into the seat material. They don't appear to.

Been using them for 18 months, they work fine, no issues with softex seats. My wife has three in the back of her Prius, shops at least three times a week and uses them every time. She has one on the front passenger seat where she hangs her 7½lb suitcase...er purse.

Attachments

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Been using them for 18 months, they work fine, no issues with softex seats. My wife has three in the back of her Prius, shops at least three times a week and uses them every time. She has one on the front passenger seat where she hangs her 7½lb suitcase...er purse.
Thanks for sharing. I have been looking for something like this, and will order some. I actually used a bongee cord arrangement, to keep my watermelons from moving around in the back dear of my Prius.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
I use the hammock net for grocery bags all the time--it works very well and is very strong. I had 2 watermelons back there in bags and they didn't even roll around. When not in use there is a storage place under the floor.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I only buy Hermiston watermelons that are usually 12-20lbs, so they go on the floor in the second row or on the spare tire

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/221617-trunk-organizer.html#post2066601[/QUOTE]

I have read about the Hermiston Watermelons, but they don't make it this far north, that I have found. I am looking for a place they are sold in Washington. Do you get them in Oregon? or buy them somewhere in Washington? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Safeway, Fred Meyer and Albertsons all carry Hermiston here in Vancouver.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
I just called my local Safeway, produce manager said they should have them in a couple weeks.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I just called my local Safeway, produce manager said they should have them in a couple weeks.
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your checking. Looking forward to getting some really great watermelon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Never heard of hermiston watermelon but now will have to look for it when I'm out in Vancouver in a month.

As for original question, I think organizers vs hammock may be way to go. We typically have 3 or 4 people so front hook is out and kids in back won't appreciate bags in front of them.

Quickdtoo or Junebug : care to show me how it stores under the floor? I've been hauling a beast of a tennis ball machine, two ball hoppers, lg racket bag so can't have a bulky object that takes up lot of room when not in use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Yes, got it with my 2006 V6, fit my 2015 and the 2016. There's a cargo net too, mine looks like the one on amazon and the Toyota build site.

http://www.toyota.com/config/pub/st...7f39132555a5a9_RAV4_2016_CargoHammock_D_A.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyo...754&sr=1-1&keywords=toyota+rav4+cargo+hammock
I am considering purchasing the cargo hammock, and followed your link to Amazon. However, Amazon states it will not fit my 2016 RAV Hybrid. Just wondered if you have this same cargo hammock in your 2016 RAV? I see I have the square indentations, on both sides in the rear, and wondered what they for. Thanks.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am considering purchasing the cargo hammock, and followed your link to Amazon. However, Amazon states it will not fit my 2016 RAV Hybrid. Just wondered if you have this same cargo hammock in your 2016 RAV? I see I have the square indentations, on both sides in the rear, and wondered what they for. Thanks.
That's for the retractable cover.

Reactions: blueumbrella
1 - 20 of 23 Posts