Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rav4Hyprid came with the cargo net. In the Manual (p.435) it shows poles that slot in groves in side molding. Mine did not come with the poles. Was this forgotten by the dealer, or it the cargo net with poles another version?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
That's the cargo net hammock, you've got the cargo net envelope, you'll see both in accessories on the Toyota.com Rav4 build page.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
If I find two poles that will fit the width of the cargo space into the grooves, will the envelope work as a net hammock?
My '16 rav4h also only included the envelope.
You could try some spring-loaded curtain rods or maybe adjustable shower curtain rods. But they probably won't be able to hold heavy items. I've put some really heavy stuff in my hammock net and the poles are very sturdy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You could try some spring-loaded curtain rods or maybe adjustable shower curtain rods. But they probably won't be able to hold heavy items.
Three $5 rods and some scrap plywood = a very functional shelf for car camping. I haven't load tested mine to the point of failure but it has supported at least 35lbs.

Reactions: jaynone and Thandal

·
Registered
187 Posts
Three $5 rods and some scrap plywood = a very functional shelf for car camping. I haven't load tested mine to the point of failure but it has supported at least 35lbs.

I love that! I'm super jealous of the previous generation trunk space. That looks cavernous compared to my rav.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Are there any generations of RAV4 where you can store the cargo hammock inside the vehicle when not in use?
3rd and 4th gen stored under deck board, IIRC on early 4th gen the side covers didn't fit right when it was stored.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts