Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you good RAV4 people!
I am new to this forum after recently purchasing a 2008 RAV4 V6. so please be gentle... :) great machine so far!!! thought the ride was way too stiff, but then upon reducing the tyre pressure from 6.5 to 2.2 found it much better! i am surprised it hadn't actually exploded already!

Anyway, now I have the car home I have noticed that the wheel well in the boot is very wet (no wheel in it as its on the back door), it doesn't smell bad at all, but the things that were in the compartment were quite rusty and the carpet is a bit rusty, I am based in Abuja Nigeria and it is the rainy season so it is difficult to dry things, but I have the door open for the last couple of days but its still pretty damp. Picture attached...

So I now need to do two things, dry the space out and stop the leak, not necessarily in that order, but you get my drift...
I would like to remove the carpet from the space but it looks pretty solid stuck down.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
That is a plastic tub in the floor, I believe if you go under the vehicle there is actually a rubber plug that will allow the water to drain from it. This may also be the issue with the water getting in if the rubber plug is missing.

As of the carpet, I believe it to be a one piece for the entire back of the RAV4, basically a molded piece in the shape of the floor (I do not think it is glued down). To get it out, you may need to remove a lot of the trim to remove it. If it were me, I would simply spray it with something like Lysol to get rid of the smell.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts